Reasons why you shouldn't live at Isola Bella!

Adam679

Rookie
May 31, 2012
Southwest
and I would have to say the biggest plus to Isola Bella is being able to have a private room. I can't imagine having to room with 2 other people during Academy time.

cucciarre

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
A11
I had a great experience there. If I had issues, they assisted in an impressively timely manner. I'll definitely be staying there again for RTF

niqueybi

Rookie
Dec 16, 2011
Well I'll be there in 3wks and I'm staying at Isolla Bella. This thread hasn't really changed my mind especially since so many other people have had good experiences. For me personally the good outweigh the bad. I hope not to be back in this thread in 2months changing my mind lol

IBblogger

Newcomer
Jan 28, 2013
I'm at IB right now and love it. Your not even in the FAA program, so what do you do all day anyway? Maybe you should volunteer and count your blessings, and realize YOUR NOT PAYING ANY MONEY for this. It's per deim.
I may not be paying money directly to live in this piece but the government is, which means the tax payers are, which means in a round about way I am. This apartment complex is straight ripping us off. Just because your apartment might not suck as much as all of the other ones I've seen doesn't mean anything when it comes to my situation. You should be counting your blessings because for $1500 a month I get to smell poop 24/7 and listen to construction all day. I never once said that was your situation. I'm just letting other people know what mine is. My bad!

KS1366

Oct 25, 2010
It's annoying to move. We don't just have a couple of our belongings here we have everything we own with us. Not to mention on top of the physical labor of moving you have to go back into the travel department at the FAA academy and redo all of your paperwork. When it comes down to it, is it live-able here? Sure. But for $1500 a month you could be living somewhere MUCH nicer. Everyone I know that lives at Kim's place loves it. It's nice. It's newer. Most importantly your apartment won't smell like poop.
I stayed at Kims place and enjoyed it. HOWEVER, I did feel like.... people were a bit much in your business. The people in my class that stayed at IB seemed to enjoy it. Especially considering they didn't really have to pay for anything. I did hear the internet is so-so, so is Kims place, the food wasn't very good, but it is provided to you, and it wasn't the cleanest place, neither was my place at Kims. In fact, the back yard was loaded with dog poop when we got there. The biggest complaint I had at Kims, I have heard others state the same thing, ownership is in your business way to much, and is quick to tell others about it.

I suppose the grass is always greener...

KevinFoley46

Jul 8, 2010
I may not be paying money directly to live in this piece but the government is, which means the tax payers are, which means in a round about way I am. This apartment complex is straight ripping us off. Just because your apartment might not suck as much as all of the other ones I've seen doesn't mean anything when it comes to my situation. You should be counting your blessings because for $1500 a month I get to smell poop 24/7 and listen to construction all day. I never once said that was your situation. I'm just letting other people know what mine is. My bad!
Just to give your remarks context. Could you tell us what your living conditions are like back home? I'm just trying to determine if your from an area where $1500 is a lot for rent.

IBblogger

Newcomer
Jan 28, 2013
Just to give your remarks context. Could you tell us what your living conditions are like back home? I'm just trying to determine if your from an area where $1500 is a lot for rent.
I'm from a place where $1500/month can DEFINITELY get you more than a 1 bedroom, 1 bath, hotel room that looks like it's straight out of the 50's.

atcguruaf

Rico Suave
Jan 4, 2009
Right here
I stayed at both Kim's place and Isola Bella.

I think it depends on "you" and what you're looking for. I enjoyed Kim's place because in a place where everyone is a stranger, I felt she and John did a really great job of bringing everyone together. I don't know how it is now, but she did Easter dinner for us - the whole thing. I really felt (and still feel) that she and John cared about the people coming through there and wanted to make it as enjoyable as possible. I had a couple of roommates and that was my only complaint (not about having a roommate but the simple fact that one of them was a slob). It was nice when the outings were planned and we all would go out as a group just to have a good time.

My only reason for staying at Isola Bella the 2nd time around was because I was too lazy to make my own food at Kim's (so even though my groceries were covered, I rarely used them). I also wanted my own place because I was afraid of the possibility of having another bad roommate experience. I brought my dog with me this time too.

I enjoyed having 2 meals, alleviating my laziness about cooking. I also enjoyed the privacy. I stayed across from a latin couple. Man, when she was cooking, I could smell it. But it was a great smell... haha. That's one happy husband that's for sure. So the smell didn't bother me. I didn't experience any unpleasant odors. I did have an issue with my room, and when I complained about it, it was fixed within a week. It was more of a "bandaid", but my stay was temporary so I wasn't too worried. I didn't enjoy the washing machine. It was horrible and my clothes would come out in a little ball, no matter how small of a load I did. There was a big central area to do laundry, but it cost money that has to be loaded on some card. I don't know how much it cost because I never used it. I just found myself doing excessive amounts of ironing.

I too felt the front desk did not care. I had to make requests or complaints to various people in order to get anything resolved. I don't know if it was a "I don't care" attitude so much as incompetence. I could not tell. The women behind the counter at the "chow hall" were exceptionally nice and I found myself engaging in various random conversations with them.

If I had to do it all over again (which I probably will eventually), I'd stay at Kim's again, but I'd be more vocal about any issues I had with roommates. Isola Bella was good enough, but I really felt welcomed at Kim's, which is where my priority is. I didn't feel that she or anyone else were up in my business. Although I enjoyed my privacy at Isola Bella, there were days where I'd like to have hung out with people outside of my class.

I gave positive reviews to both places. Isola Bella obviously is an apartment complex that is relatively old. So there are going to be some issues. It's a business to them. And the employees are there for a check - I get it. Kim's, on the other hand, is a little different. Not only do I feel she TRULY cares, it's also in her best interest as it's HER business, so the level of care and appreciation will probably go further. Ultimately, FOR ME, I'd rather stay at Kim's, especially when John grills up some rib eyes! You just can't be the effort they put in to all of the academy students...

atcguruaf

Rico Suave
Jan 4, 2009
Right here
$1500 goes a long way. Shoot, out here you could get a 3 bedroom for under $1000. I guess if you're in a big city or downtown (any state) $1500 won't go as far. But in the burbs, it goes a long way.

atcguruaf

Rico Suave
Jan 4, 2009
Right here
IBblogger, you can't stay back home with family? Not to sound like a jerk, but my wife enjoyed the break, haha. Just make your husband suffer solo... haha. It sucks that you're having a difficult time, but aside from Kim's, the other places to stay at aren't any better.

P.S. For some reason, I picture your place full of lit candles to get rid of the odor...

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
The apartments are made our of paper. We are on a bottom floor and we can hear every single thing the guy above us does. At night it sounds like he is opening and closing every drawer in his room (which I'm not sure how that's possible because there aren't any dressers). I can smell what he is cooking or if he makes coffee and if I try I can hear his entire conversations with people.
My bad, if you hear any fapping please disregard.

IBblogger

Newcomer
Jan 28, 2013
IBblogger, you can't stay back home with family? Not to sound like a jerk, but my wife enjoyed the break, haha. Just make your husband suffer solo... haha. It sucks that you're having a difficult time, but aside from Kim's, the other places to stay at aren't any better.

P.S. For some reason, I picture your place full of lit candles to get rid of the odor...
Well to be totally honest I supposed I could've stayed home and moved back in with my parents but that would've probably been worse. I think Oklahoma in general is just pretty lame so that probably adds to my "difficult time".

Just for the record everyone I will be ok. I am not sitting in my room everyday contemplating whether or not to go on. Does living here suck? Yes. Do I wake up every single day miserable? No. What you see here is someone spending most of her time in an apartment complex that I was lead to believe would be something different than what it is. All the pictures online are very deceiving and little ol bored me decided to get on stuckmic and make sure everyone knew it. I'm just merely trying to help out future FAA academy attendees because I wish I had seen a review like mine before we chose Isola Bella. If that were the case we would be somewhere else and I wouldn't have to burn all those candles all the time. ;)

N_Trutza

Jun 14, 2011
Ohio
ugh! I don't even have a class date yet and i'm getting a headache from the debate on which place to stay.

ballakc

Dec 2, 2008
You have WAYYYYYYYYY too much time on your hands! I agree, your husband must be a saint.

Revolution15

Newcomer
Jan 9, 2013
Another question. Don't you have anywhere else to live? You gave up your home/apt without even knowing if your husband will get through the program? What if he washes out?