Record of Conference

brianL

Newcomer
Nov 11, 2009
[h=5]Looking for any info about what a "record of conference" is? Had an MOR for bird strike the other day and when management pulled the tapes they decided to have a sit down and issue me a "record of conference". First i was told that representation was not necessary because it was not disciplinary. Although assured it was not disciplinary the paperwork that was written certainly cast me in a negative light and stated that i failed to properly follow our SOP.
There was no management in the building at the time of the event, and the violation that i am being accused of is "using the hand mic during the hours that the SOP prohibits". My supervisor told me face to face that it was his opinion that while reviewing the tapes it sounded like i had been on hand mic . This hardly sounds like hard evidence worthy of a write up to me. Anyway, my rep isnt being very helpful and both he and management keep reassuring me that this isnt disciplinary, however its certainly feels as though it is. I cant find "record of conference" anywhere in the contract, is this paperwork that ive been given legitimate?[/h]

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
Article 10, section 12: "Letters of confirmation of discussion shall not be considered disciplinary in nature, but may be used to document future disciplinary actions, provided the employee has been given a copy upon completion. If a letter of confirmation of discussion is prepared, a copy will be provided to the employee as soon as practicable after the discussion."

That's what this is. If it were disciplinary, it would be titled "admonishment" or "reprimand," and you would have up to 15 calendar days to respond to it.

brianL

Newcomer
Nov 11, 2009
Did you mean to say, Record of Conversation?
no the paper title says "Prerformance Record of Conference".

It also has a section at the bottom for the conductors signature and the employees signature, but my sup said no signatures were needed.

killswitch

Tin Pusher
Sep 12, 2008
Ohio
I wouldn't sign anything! Go above your FacRep if you aren't getting represented the way you should be.
I hate doing that but it's something going on record against you whether it says that or not! Try the BBS for more opinions.

unable

Trusted Member
Jan 31, 2013
Over the Rainbow
Sounds like a performance discussion. The rep isn't and shouldn't be involved... However I'd still go to the Natca Bbs for this to get a better consensus or get ahold of your Natca leadership at the regional level