Redirect Questions

CISUM113

Dec 1, 2009
CHI
so to my understanding im pretty much being told that my facility has no room for me and that i can either be redirected or no longer considered for employment...just wondering if this happened to anyone else or what exactly my options are from ppl who may have experienced this before. thanks for any info

spades

What's happening?
Apr 20, 2009
What do you mean what your options are? You're going to have to accept a redirect to wherever they want to send you...period. I'm not trying to be mean and I'm sorry that you're not going to go where you originally thought but you don't really have any say in the matter.

CISUM113

Dec 1, 2009
CHI
well im kind of getting that, but i guess im just surprised that there is only one facility and not other facility options. i know im not the only one getting redirected so why is there one place and thats it? esp when someone who i know was origonally sloted for the same facility i was, was offered a totally different place? clearly there are more than one place ppl are getting redirected too....just confusing thats all

RomeoNovember

Senior Analyst
Sep 26, 2009
USA
Ask Ross, the same thing happened to him! Did you move or buy a house? Where were you redirected from?

CISUM113

Dec 1, 2009
CHI
signed a lease with an apartment, not that big of a deal but still will have to break that. was supposed to go to MDW

jp13sp

Newcomer
Aug 13, 2008
I was given the redirect call today...was initially told CPS which would have been great since I live in STL but AQ gave me ALO today. Anyone want to trade?

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
You don't have many options. Take what they offer and you'll have the ability to move on from there.

flaflaflofly

Feb 19, 2009
I have not heard from AQ, but a manager at the facility I'm slated for said they aren't going to be getting anyone this year. Did she at least offer you another spot in IL?

mikecoyne34

Senior Analyst
Nov 19, 2009
D10
You don't have many options. Take what they offer and you'll have the ability to move on from there.
^The obvious choice, from someone who's already working with the FAA. If you're not going to your facility of choice, too bad. From what was said, HR told you redirect to XXX or you're not going to be considered anymore. pretty straight forward. Not the best situation, but it happens. Sorry for your misfortune.

If you signed a lease, go talk to the leasing office and tell them your situation. They might be understanding and just keep your deposit.

mjh55404

Senior Analyst
Jul 3, 2009
OKC
1. Never sign a lease while waiting for a TOL.

2. It IS a "T" tentative offer

3. MDW is a rather busy and probably attractive airport that lower level towers may bid up to or that center wash outs are sent for terminal placement.

So cough it up! Where were you sent?

I was delayed a year on a TOL for ZOA while redirects from ZSE, ZDV and elsewhere were sent to OKC in front of me. I'd take the TOL and shut up. You never know how serious they are.

Unless you'd rather go to Alaska... They might happily send you to JNU or MRI.

mjh55404

Senior Analyst
Jul 3, 2009
OKC
I was given the redirect call today...was initially told CPS which would have been great since I live in STL but AQ gave me ALO today. Anyone want to trade?
ALO?! You'd better be happy. Not many other nice cities to get in MI.

Unless you'd be happy with MBS or FNT.

mikecoyne34

Senior Analyst
Nov 19, 2009
D10
ALO?! You'd better be happy. Not many other nice cities to get in MI.

Unless you'd be happy with MBS or FNT.
ALO is IA. lvl 5. I understand being upset going from MDW to ALO. But I personally would happily take the job and try and move later.

EmTee

Sep 30, 2011
I got redirected from MEM to TYS...but it is okay with me.

AQ seems to be the most proactive in redirecting hires to get them in more quickly while some others waiting for CA terminal are just left waiting.

TimShady

Senior Analyst
Mar 12, 2009
Chicago
AQ seems to be the most proactive in redirecting hires to get them in more quickly while some others waiting for CA terminal are just left waiting.
Yeah but some of us would rather wait and might not get that option. I have a TOL for MDW just like the OP but might be forced to redirect even though I'd rather wait. I still haven't heard any thing from them though so right now I'm still waiting.

MJ0730

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
pointsixtyfive.com
You do realize that AQ is just an hr rep. And just like every other hr rep, she can only send people when and where the ATO tells her to.

Niagra19

"Murphy"
Sep 22, 2008
Phoenix
Ask Ross, the same thing happened to him! ...
Ross and I were both offered redirects from ZSE. Ross took it, I turned it down. Ross is at his facility working his way up the food chain. I am still waiting. I have had my TOL for approaching 2.5 years now. I have had many panic attacks about my TOL just being retracted all together. Although I was 26 when I applied, I am quickly approaching the age out mark where reapping would be impossible. Take what they offer and be happy that you are in.