Redirect Questions

TimShady

Senior Analyst
Mar 12, 2009
Chicago
I just heard from AQ and was redirected from SPI to GRR
Did she ask you or tell you? I just called her to see if she had a redirect for me and she said no. Very confusing considering the other two people with MDW TOL's got redirects. Maybe mine's coming, just not yet.

flaflaflofly

Feb 19, 2009
Did she ask you or tell you? I just called her to see if she had a redirect for me and she said no. Very confusing considering the other two people with MDW TOL's got redirects. Maybe mine's coming, just not yet.
She just said she had a redirect opportunity for me to go to GRR. I asked if I could talk it over with my wife. She said sure. I called her back 2 minutes later and accepted.

mikecoyne34

Senior Analyst
Nov 19, 2009
D10
Or maybe you're the lucky one that gets to keep MDW

TimShady

Senior Analyst
Mar 12, 2009
Chicago
She just said she had a redirect opportunity for me to go to GRR. I asked if I could talk it over with my wife. She said sure. I called her back 2 minutes later and accepted.
Well congratulations, that's not a bad deal at all.

Or maybe you're the lucky one that gets to keep MDW
Possible but wouldn't make sense to have one person wait till FY13 and not the other two. I'm tired of trying to make sense of all this though. I guess I'll just sit back and do what I'm told.

mjh55404

Senior Analyst
Jul 3, 2009
OKC
Ross and I were both offered redirects from ZSE. Ross took it, I turned it down. Ross is at his facility working his way up the food chain. I am still waiting. I have had my TOL for approaching 2.5 years now. I have had many panic attacks about my TOL just being retracted all together. Although I was 26 when I applied, I am quickly approaching the age out mark where reapping would be impossible. Take what they offer and be happy that you are in.
You ever considered asking for a ZOA redirect now? We are slotted for 40 something people this FY.

Many CPCs waiting for ZSE right now.... Let alone new hires.

mjh55404

Senior Analyst
Jul 3, 2009
OKC
Ross and I were both offered redirects from ZSE. Ross took it, I turned it down. Ross is at his facility working his way up the food chain. I am still waiting. I have had my TOL for approaching 2.5 years now. I have had many panic attacks about my TOL just being retracted all together. Although I was 26 when I applied, I am quickly approaching the age out mark where reapping would be impossible. Take what they offer and be happy that you are in.
Redirects are given priority based on TOL date so it's possible you could get a class ASAP if you switched.

Niagra19

"Murphy"
Sep 22, 2008
Phoenix
You ever considered asking for a ZOA redirect now? We are slotted for 40 something people this FY.

Many CPCs waiting for ZSE right now.... Let alone new hires.
No reason to, my wait paid off. Just finished all my refreshes and waiting on a FOL. 2 weeks ago OKC was telling me to expect Feb 2012, but I got everything done really quick and this week when I called I was asked if I could go at the drop of a hat, because I may get end of Nov 2011!

SCOPED

Senior Analyst
Nov 21, 2010
Gods Country, Alaska
No reason to, my wait paid off. Just finished all my refreshes and waiting on a FOL. 2 weeks ago OKC was telling me to expect Feb 2012, but I got everything done really quick and this week when I called I was asked if I could go at the drop of a hat, because I may get end of Nov 2011!
Lucky break, congrats

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Take it, if you want to keep the job. It happens. I was fortunate in that they gave me the option to stay and wait or take one of two other options. Some are just reassigned. There's been a few people who've had it happen on the day of their PV at the Academy... imagine packing your car, thinking you're going to head out to one place, and getting a call and getting another.

Anyway. It's not common, but it happens. A lot of us start off places different than where we'd like. It's a big agency, and you've got 25 years in front of you to nail down a transfer. Better than the alternative, right?

vm2152

Sep 10, 2008
Is there such a thing as a redirect from Terminal to Center? I realize there is increases security requirements but has anyone heard of such a thing?

mjh55404

Senior Analyst
Jul 3, 2009
OKC
Is there such a thing as a redirect from Terminal to Center? I realize there is increases security requirements but has anyone heard of such a thing?
This has happened.... is happening. I know people who were waiting forever for a tower that had no slots that pushed for a center that was hurting. I think that could happen.

SCOPED

Senior Analyst
Nov 21, 2010
Gods Country, Alaska
Mjh is right. This happens and ske on here just got a ZOB November 1 academy date and he was a California terminal pick. He works for the FAA already on ops at ZOB but they offered the redirect to him.