Referral List is up...

SuperMario

Apr 10, 2012
You're probably not going to like controlling very much if you can't handle that.
So what you're telling me is that I will be stuck with a bad job as a controller because I was given misleading information and that I called him out on it after I did further research on it? Seems legit.

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011
So what you're telling me is that I will be stuck with a bad job as a controller because I was given misleading information and that I called him out on it after I did further research on it? Seems legit.
No it was funny as shit to everyone because, if you did 1 second of research you would know just as much as every single person here.

SuperMario

Apr 10, 2012
No it was funny as shit to everyone because, if you did 1 second of research you would know just as much as every single person here.
Mk smarty pants, show me a thread that says the referral list is used for when you graduate and take the ATSAT?

N813JB

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2010
Mk smarty pants, show me a thread that says the referral list is used for when you graduate and take the ATSAT?
Unfortunately, you have been severely misinformed about what the Referral List is exactly, and unfortunately, people on this site took advantage of that and jokingly steered you in the wrong direction, i.e. calling your contact to inquire about putting your name on the list.

The referral list is generated at the end of a hiring announcement. If you meet the qualifications through the application process, you make the referral list, simple as that.

The referral list is then given to the hiring panel, where selections are made from the list. Those selections are then contacted for interviews, and those interviews determine whether you receive a recommendation for hire. A recommendation for hire then kick starts the endless amounts of paperwork, drug screening, medical screening, and security investigation.

All this being said, the HR person you talked to was right, you are too early in the process to be placed on the referral list. You need to graduate first, get a FAA recommendation from your school, and then wait for a hiring announcement (historically twice a year), in which you can start the application process.

Hope this helps.

SuperMario

Apr 10, 2012
Unfortunately, you have been severely misinformed about what the Referral List is exactly, and unfortunately, people on this site took advantage of that and jokingly steered you in the wrong direction, i.e. calling your contact to inquire about putting your name on the list.

The referral list is generated at the end of a hiring announcement. If you meet the qualifications through the application process, you make the referral list, simple as that.

The referral list is then given to the hiring panel, where selections are made from the list. Those selections are then contacted for interviews, and those interviews determine whether you receive a recommendation for hire. A recommendation for hire then kick starts the endless amounts of paperwork, drug screening, medical screening, and security investigation.

All this being said, the HR person you talked to was right, you are too early in the process to be placed on the referral list. You need to graduate first, get a FAA recommendation from your school, and then wait for a hiring announcement (historically twice a year), in which you can start the application process.

Hope this helps.
This helped a lot thank you for that, and yes they steered me in the wrong direction, I just thought that all the trolls were on youtube and not here, but I guess I was wrong, again thank you.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
whats your SN on BF3 jocky? If you play 360 lets join forces.

I'll give you one guess. And yep I'm on the Xbox. Just played for an hour with some clan mates, and we were on opposite teams.
So naturally, we were finding campers, killing them, and having the other team mate revive. Kill, revive, repeat. Trololol