Referral List is up...

BoilerUp

Rookie
Apr 14, 2010
West Lafayette, IN
This might have been addressed elsewhere, but is there a general understanding of the time it takes between interviewing and receiving a TOL, or is that a random timing as well?

Igivemylife11

Newcomer
Feb 17, 2011
Networking is super important. The only issue these days is that they don't see our names on the panel anymore, just the score :(
Has that actually been proven yet? Just like the rumor they were going to regions and no more states? As far as I am concerned, everything is the same and who really even knows how the panel works unless you are a panel member... It doesn't hurt to tour the tower and network until this new "selection panel" is proven. I know more people get selected that networked and/or had some type of pull then not.

Good luck either way :)

Igivemylife11

Newcomer
Feb 17, 2011
This might have been addressed elsewhere, but is there a general understanding of the time it takes between interviewing and receiving a TOL, or is that a random timing as well?
I would say anywhere from a few days -to- a month. I interviewed in mid-May and had my TOL the 1st week of June.

It shouldn't take longer than a month & 1/2 - then I would start worrying

BoilerUp

Rookie
Apr 14, 2010
West Lafayette, IN
Has that actually been proven yet? Just like the rumor they were going to regions and no more states? As far as I am concerned, everything is the same and who really even knows how the panel works unless you are a panel member... It doesn't hurt to tour the tower and network until this new "selection panel" is proven. I know more people get selected that networked and/or had some type of pull then not.

Good luck either way :)
From what I understand, they still haven't decided to take out names yet.

flyin_sooner

Trusted Contributor
Mar 23, 2010
From what I understand, they still haven't decided to take out names yet.
After being selected I went in for my interview. I talked to the individual that actually selected me. She told me she could NOT see my name when shr selected me.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
I'm sure networking doesn't hurt, but don't make that the sole thing you rely on. I and others I know got picked up first panel with no networking.

Last edited:

Igivemylife11

Newcomer
Feb 17, 2011
Take everything you read on this site with a grain of salt. *Remember everyone on here wants that TOL just as bad as you do. That doesn't mean everything they post is true -- its all hear say.

I just know with my experience, I networked my tail off and got the exact facility I wanted and I don't even live anywhere near that state or facility. I had no family or friends in the aviation field and I wasn't VRA.

One thing I do know is the ATM's can't tell you the full truth - although I knew my ATM was on the panel and pulled for me he still has to deny it. He couldn't even tell me he was on the panel - I found out indirectly (he just happened to be out of the office traveling to a FAA conference the week of the panels)

JoshATC

Epic Member
Jun 27, 2010
ZLA CPC
I personally talked to the district manager when he visited our facility and another controller I work with is Appling this panel. He told us he can't see names.. BUT with the other information he can see like CTOs you currently hold, mailing address.. etc... If he's looking for someone he can pick them out of the pile. He then proceed to ask him for his information.. so basically hes got a spot.

This was thurs Feb 7th he came by the tower and addressed us.

Last edited:

GUYONABUFFALO

Epic Member
Oct 4, 2012
Minnesota
Networking DID make a difference. I was called by a hiring manager that I networked with during the panel and she wanted to know why she couldnt see my name for Alaska anymore. ( I was already picked up for MN) So they absolutely did look in the past. It is to bad if that changes going forward.

BMT11

Rookie
Sep 9, 2012
I feel like that wouldnt look very good for them to just flat out not consider VRA. I mean has that even ever happened before? Im a firm believer in CTI/VRA can come out equal controllers in the long run but to not hire veterans for any panel sounds like a media nightmare....being a govt. organization and all. It could happen, but I would be shocked, and sort of pissed.

BMT11

Rookie
Sep 9, 2012
I think itd be pretty crazy for that to happen. I mean WTF is it called Veterans Pref. for anyway lol. But Im with you, definetly questioning it....everyday theres no update sucks.

blipe7

Oct 23, 2012
Just a thought... But considering they didn't consider CTO or REINDOD last panel what are the chances they aren't going to be considering VRAs this go around? Seems strange there is not a referral for VRA yet.
Just called ACD and the guy told me that they are still rating all of the applicants and as soon as they are finish they will send out the referral list

BMT11

Rookie
Sep 9, 2012
Im sure this is posted somewhere, so sorry for the repeat but doesnt anyone know how they rate VRA's? Also thank you for calling.