Rehire Opportunity

dandan6868

Newcomer
May 1, 2020
Hey guys,

Hope everybody is doing ok during these crazy Covid times. My general question is this: Will I be eligible for rehire after initially passing the OKC Academy in 2018, working for 1 year as an ATC Trainee, and then quitting due to some personal family issues (never becoming fully facility rated or CPC)? My reason for asking this question is due to the fact that I applied in this last open bid in 01/2020 and have recently received an email to test for the ATSA. So from my end it looks like they’re open to reconsidering me... but I’ve also read online that others have seen a lot of their friends get the ATSA invitation and even go through other steps in the hiring process only to later be rejected due to previously quitting. Does anybody have any info on this? I’m going to take the ATSA and go through any other steps the FAA decides to take with me for rehire....but I guess I’m just looking for some peace of mind. Basically, do you guys think I have a chance or do you think a lot of the initial hiring steps are all automated and once I get through all of those steps and an actual human reviews my application, etc.... will they realize I previously quit after going to a facility and then at that point toss me to the wayside?

Thanks y’all!

gotmy3level

Newcomer
Oct 22, 2009
The basic answer is yes, I certified at a small level 6, resigned, and came back in no problem. I went to Afghanistan in between faa tours and was there with several people who resigned as trainees and everyone got back in on their first experienced bid.