Reinstatement After Washing

rocket614

Newcomer
Apr 28, 2011
Just looking for some insight. I washed out of a level 7 4 Years ago. NEST wasn't around at the time but I, just looking to see what the best course of action is. I have tower and radar experience but did not certify. Is there any facilities that are taking washouts?

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
Just looking for some insight. I washed out of a level 7 4 Years ago. NEST wasn't around at the time but I, just looking to see what the best course of action is. I have tower and radar experience but did not certify. Is there any facilities that are taking washouts?
Are you still in the FAA?

rocket614

Newcomer
Apr 28, 2011
That's pretty much what I've been told by HR. The process is entirely different from when I went in. I've applied under the last 2 bids( prior exp and the open bid) wasn't picked up. Just wanted to see if there was any other angles or someone to contact that could possibly point me in the right managers direction. Thanks for your correspondence

gsujake

Trusted Member
Nov 29, 2011
That's pretty much what I've been told by HR. The process is entirely different from when I went in. I've applied under the last 2 bids( prior exp and the open bid) wasn't picked up. Just wanted to see if there was any other angles or someone to contact that could possibly point me in the right managers direction. Thanks for your correspondence
How did you qualify for the prior experience bid?

black

Rookie
Sep 22, 2014
TX
Yeah if you washed you're not gonna have the 52 weeks of consecutive experience needed

black

Rookie
Sep 22, 2014
TX
Well if you held a control position for a year you should be good to go man, jus gotta get lucky next bid i guess

rocket614

Newcomer
Apr 28, 2011
Yes that's what I'm thinking....My plan B is to go Air Force reserves and get rated in the meantime. Thanks for chatting

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
Were you at an up/down? How did you manage to train in the tower for two years, not certify and train in the tracon for two years?

KiloD

Newcomer
Mar 4, 2010
I hope this thread isn't dead. I'm wondering the same thing @ajmezz. You're statement is not specific enough. There is a difference between training in tower and radar and having experience. If you were at an up/down then you must have finished the tower portion of your training to move on to the radar portion.

My question, for anybody reading, if you were a developmental, initial hire assigned to an up/down, only finished the tower portion of your training, washed out on the radar side and then resigned from the FAA. Can you apply as a reinstate?

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
I hope this thread isn't dead. I'm wondering the same thing @ajmezz. You're statement is not specific enough. There is a difference between training in tower and radar and having experience. If you were at an up/down then you must have finished the tower portion of your training to move on to the radar portion.

My question, for anybody reading, if you were a developmental, initial hire assigned to an up/down, only finished the tower portion of your training, washed out on the radar side and then resigned from the FAA. Can you apply as a reinstate?
No, it's generally written that you need 52 consecutive weeks as a CPC. Certified in the tower only wouldn't qualify.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
If you were at an up/down then you must have finished the tower portion of your training to move on to the radar portion.
Not necessarily. I've known some people who do radar first, then after certifying in radar, will train in the tower.

FAA-What?

Newcomer
Sep 11, 2013
For enroute, having 52 weeks of certified D-side (prior to washing out on radar) will qualify for the reinstate bid. This has been confirmed with HR. Your chances of getting selected are still slim to none, but you will be considered for the reinstatement bid.