Reinstatement, Passed BQ, AT-SAT??

Krista

Rookie
Mar 21, 2014
Are there any other reinstatements that passed the BQ and are assigned an AT-SAT date? I called HR to verify I would have to take the AT-SAT despite 12 years CPC at an up/down facility. They said yes and that I would likely be back in OKC depending on facility assignment and ATM at said facility. I almost understand doing time back in OKC again, but the AT-SAT? Oh, well....

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
Not possible, according to the stuckmic masses only unqualified day laborers passed the BioQ

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
Are there any other reinstatements that passed the BQ and are assigned an AT-SAT date? I called HR to verify I would have to take the AT-SAT despite 12 years CPC at an up/down facility. They said yes and that I would likely be back in OKC depending on facility assignment and ATM at said facility. I almost understand doing time back in OKC again, but the AT-SAT? Oh, well....
Dear god I imagine OkC is like a :p:p:p:p:p:p:p day care these days. Good luck with that. Glad you managed to get another shot at it. This is just more proof that the faa is thowing darts at the wall trying to figure out what to do, though. 12 years CPC time and you're treated like any other monkey who's never talked to an airplane.
Congrats on getting another shot though!

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
Dear god I imagine OkC is like a :p:p:p:p:p:p:p day care these days. Good luck with that. Glad you managed to get another shot at it. This is just more proof that the faa is thowing darts at the wall trying to figure out what to do, though. 12 years CPC time and you're treated like any other monkey who's never talked to an airplane.
Congrats on getting another shot though!
The At Sat for any Vet or reinstatement is a waste of time. You already proved you can do this job in some capacity. Just a knee jerk reaction to the "diversity" issue the FAA is apparently all of a sudden having. They probably feel the need to play everything as straight as an arrow for fear of any discriminatory accusations.

buckeye10

Trusted Member
Nov 27, 2008
I'm doing it all again also. I was under the impression they weren't assigning facilities until you were at the academy? Maybe that isn't the case since they said "depending on facility assignment and ATM"?

Krista

Rookie
Mar 21, 2014
I'm doing it all again also. I was under the impression they weren't assigning facilities until you were at the academy? Maybe that isn't the case since they said "depending on facility assignment and ATM"?
They way I understood the conversation, reinstatements will be assigned facilities after the AT-SAT, before doing time at OKC due to pay and contract issues.

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
They way I understood the conversation, reinstatements will be assigned facilities after the AT-SAT, before doing time at OKC due to pay and contract issues.
The pay and academy issues are covered in the red book as far as I know. Placement should be straight to facility starting at lowest cpc pay band for facility. As far as assigned facilities, I think after at sat, your score and resume should still be tallied up and "compared" to the list of applicants. Seriously though, they selected so little that they really have no wiggle room to dump a lot of people unless you completely bomb the at sat or fail a medical or something. That is apparent as they let a bunch of people correct their resumes after the fact. Good luck, hope you get what you want facility wise.

chaseus1

Nov 24, 2013
I'm just curious, how old are you Krista. Not personal at all. Just seeing if anyone over 40 was selected. Thanks