Reinstatement Pay

kacrand

Rookie
Oct 17, 2008
Seattle
If you are reinstated do you go in at CPC pay? If so and you are reinstated to a higher level center then you were CPC at do you go to the bottom level of the pay and or is it like an old style ERR where you get a raise on top of it?

SayAgain3

Trusted Member
Feb 13, 2017
Per the Slate Book...

e. Re-Entrant:
(1) CPC Re-Entrants shall be considered a CPC at their assigned
facility.
(a) CPC Re-Entrant currently employed by the federal
government will retain current Basic Pay if it is within
the CPC pay band for the assigned ATC facility.
i. If current Basic Pay is below the minimum of the
CPC pay band for the ATC Facility Pay Level,
pay will be raised to the minimum of the CPC pay
band. If the current Basic Pay exceeds the
established CPC pay band, pay will be set at the
top of the CPC pay band.
(b) CPC Re-Entrants not currently employed by the
federal government will have their Basic Pay set in the
CPC pay band of the facility to which the employee is
assigned.
i. If the previous Basic Pay is below the minimum
of the CPC pay band for the ATC Facility Pay
Level, pay will be raised to the minimum of the
CPC pay band. If the previous Basic Pay exceeds
the established CPC pay band, pay will be set at
the top of the CPC pay band.
(2) Developmental Re-Entrants currently employed by the
federal government will retain their federal pay up to the
maximum of the Developmental-3 pay band.
(3) Developmental Re-Entrants voluntarily separated for more
than one (1) year or involuntarily separated, Basic Pay shall
be set at the AG pay band.
(4) Developmental Re-Entrants voluntarily separated for less
than one (1) year, Basic Pay shall be set at the minimum of
the Developmental stage held prior to separation. If the same
Developmental stage does not exist at the new facility,
employee’s pay is set at the minimum of the lowest
available Developmental stage above the AG level at the
new facility.

yonem

Newcomer
Jul 23, 2010
Is there any way to negotiate your pay when you are going in as a reinstatement? I was given a FOL over a month ago and I'm supposed to start at my facility on Monday, but I just received an email stating they gave me the wrong pay and I will be starting at the AG band ($18,000 less than my original FOL). Anyone else have this experience?

SayAgain3

Trusted Member
Feb 13, 2017
Is there any way to negotiate your pay when you are going in as a reinstatement? I was given a FOL over a month ago and I'm supposed to start at my facility on Monday, but I just received an email stating they gave me the wrong pay and I will be starting at the AG band ($18,000 less than my original FOL). Anyone else have this experience?
Know your rights. It's not a negotiation, per the contract...

"CPC Re-Entrants not currently employed by the federal government will have their Basic Pay set in the CPC pay band of the facility to which the employee is assigned. i. If the previous Basic Pay is below the minimum of the CPC pay band for the ATC Facility Pay Level, pay will be raised to the minimum of the CPC pay band. If the previous Basic Pay exceeds the established CPC pay band, pay will be set at the top of the CPC pay band."

GGT257

Newcomer
Aug 1, 2019
Question for anyone who was a CPC Re-Entrant. It sounds like you get hired and start out at the bottom of the CPC band. Do you get any raises other than the yearly ones in January and June?

I heard that for "prior experience" bid hires start higher than AG pay, and got raises at the same milestones as the other trainees. Rather than bumping up to the next Developmental band (which they were above) they got a 6% raise. I was wondering if it's the same sort of thing with Re-Entrants.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
Question for anyone who was a CPC Re-Entrant. It sounds like you get hired and start out at the bottom of the CPC band. Do you get any raises other than the yearly ones in January and June?

I heard that for "prior experience" bid hires start higher than AG pay, and got raises at the same milestones as the other trainees. Rather than bumping up to the next Developmental band (which they were above) they got a 6% raise. I was wondering if it's the same sort of thing with Re-Entrants.
Just to clarify, you only start at the bottom of the CPC band if your new facilities base pay is higher than what you were making before. As for the pay bumps with each training milestone, my guess is no since CPC-IT don’t get them.

GGT257

Newcomer
Aug 1, 2019
Just to clarify, you only start at the bottom of the CPC band if your new facilities base pay is higher than what you were making before. As for the pay bumps with each training milestone, my guess is no since CPC-IT don’t get them.
Right. If my previous pay was below the pay band, I'd hypothetically start at the bottom. I had the same guess, but I was wondering if anyone who went through the process knows for sure.