Reinstatements and FAA School?

Chuck3too3

Rookie
Jun 17, 2008
If you get picked up for the DOD reinstatement do you still have to attend the FAA academy in OKC?

ohzee619

Rookie
Mar 4, 2010
Bay Area,CA
i think it depends on the facility youre going to and what experience you have. i received my tol from the oct10 panel and it says im going straight to my facility....

Chuck3too3

Rookie
Jun 17, 2008
OZ, thanks for the response. If you dont mind me asking, which facility are you going to, how much experience do you have and how long after the bid closed out did you get your TOL??

ohzee619

Rookie
Mar 4, 2010
Bay Area,CA
OZ, thanks for the response. If you dont mind me asking, which facility are you going to, how much experience do you have and how long after the bid closed out did you get your TOL??

Im going to SJC. I have 4 yrs experience in the Marine Corps, 5 1/2yrs in cantract tower and 5yrs in the DOD... I got selected my first try, Oct 2010 panel. There were some delays because of the holidays. I interviewed Jan 7 and received my TOL Jan 25...

vm2152

Sep 10, 2008
Ohzee is the second I've heard of that did not have to attend the academy. A fellow DOD controller (with NO radar) who was working with a friend of mine in GA got picked up at Potomac TRACON and went straight to the facility.

buckeye10

Trusted Member
Nov 27, 2008
I'm not sure about DoD but in the Red book it states that if you are reinstated within a year of being separated that you do not have to go to the academy. If you are out longer, then you do.

smeigle123

Newcomer
Oct 19, 2008
Are there any cpcs that have been reinstated back into the faa that can tell me a sort of time line. I been out less than a year and if im selected for this panel, how long before i report to my facility? Thanks.