Retirement

SOBS

Rookie
Sep 22, 2008
How is everyone liking Contract after Retirement age 56? How did you find Job Opening? What are some of the Good, Bad, and Ugly of Contract?

Jax

Senior Analyst
Nov 17, 2010
N90-EWR
How is everyone liking Contract after Retirement age 56? How did you find Job Opening? What are some of the Good, Bad, and Ugly of Contract?
I'm retiring in 5 months, and even though I have no plans to work again I'm curious to see what's out there.

randoturbo33

Rookie
Sep 19, 2017
I'm retiring in 5 months, and even though I have no plans to work again I'm curious to see what's out there.
Out of curiosity, would a CPC at a TRACON or Center be eligible to work at a contract tower, or do you need to have a CTO? And if so, is there any way to get it without ERRing to a Tower for your last few years before retirement?

Jax

Senior Analyst
Nov 17, 2010
N90-EWR
Out of curiosity, would a CPC at a TRACON or Center be eligible to work at a contract tower, or do you need to have a CTO? And if so, is there any way to get it without ERRing to a Tower for your last few years before retirement?
I would imagine for a tower job you'd need the CTO. Since I've never worked at a tower I would never apply for a tower job. I'd only consider radar positions.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
All of the contract tower positions I've seen posted have a requirement for 3-5 years experience with a CTO.