Rocky Mountain Metro Tower-BJC

FL_CTI

Trusted Member
Oct 8, 2009
Colorado
Just got picked up off an ERR to this facility. Are there any locals that can give me some information on affordable living areas?

FL_CTI

Trusted Member
Oct 8, 2009
Colorado
Trying desperately to get there! I envy you FL_CTI
Hahaha. Yep. went out there for a FAM trip back in August. FANTASTIC view of the Front Range and a great group of controllers there. I report in March. I'm looking forward to it.

mgcb

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2011
Delaware
Just curious FL_CTI, in your timeline you say you were denied the two panels in March and October 2011, but you got a TOL in early 2012, what panel was that off of?

FL_CTI

Trusted Member
Oct 8, 2009
Colorado
Just curious FL_CTI, in your timeline you say you were denied the two panels in March and October 2011, but you got a TOL in early 2012, what panel was that off of?

I received the TOL off the March 2012 panel, CTI bid.

FL_CTI

Trusted Member
Oct 8, 2009
Colorado
Can't speak officially, but I can tell you that we have one retiring in June, two more in the next year or so, and several putting in ERR papers. If you want to be here, it wouldn't hurt to put in now. I can answer any questions you have about the facility.

How's the staffing there now? Any expectations of new hires off this prior experience bid?

BrewnATC

Epic Member
Jan 28, 2015
Ass deep in a folding chair
Can't speak officially, but I can tell you that we have one retiring in June, two more in the next year or so, and several putting in ERR papers. If you want to be here, it wouldn't hurt to put in now. I can answer any questions you have about the facility.
No ERR for me, just holding a TOL off the experienced controller new hire bid. What's traffic like? I grew up in the area just south of there so I'm familiar with the area.

FL_CTI

Trusted Member
Oct 8, 2009
Colorado
No ERR for me, just holding a TOL off the experienced controller new hire bid. What's traffic like? I grew up in the area just south of there so I'm familiar with the area.
We run about 120k ops a year/ averaging over 300 a day. We have three fixed wing flight schools, one helicopter flight school, and loads of corporate aviation so we have a decent mix of traffic. We run Seminoles, Cessnas, Cherokees, Lance's, etc day in day out. About once or twice a year we'll get a 737, usually to charter CU for some of their road games. The Navy and Marines send in F-18's on a fairly regular basis, and the Air Force Academy sends their SR-22's up for pattern work. We tend to get overlooked though in favor of our bigger siblings to the south at DEN and APA.

misskiss87

Apr 11, 2012
Shiloh, IL
Do you know how big the ERR list is now? I am hoping to be finished with training at my facility in May or June and will definitely be putting in for there, COS, and probably PUB too. My whole family lives in CO and I really want to get out there with them. Thanks

FL_CTI

Trusted Member
Oct 8, 2009
Colorado
Do you know how big the ERR list is now? I am hoping to be finished with training at my facility in May or June and will definitely be putting in for there, COS, and probably PUB too. My whole family lives in CO and I really want to get out there with them. Thanks
I do not know, as I do not have access to that information. Sorry.

Ram_Tough

Trusted Contributor
Jul 5, 2010
Haha im not too worried about that. I got mad connects. RTF is actually kinda fun, not nearly as much pressure as tower was.

michaelr575

Newcomer
Jan 1, 2016
FL_CTI, I just put BJC as number one off the list I was offered from the experienced bid last year, hopefully hearing back this week for a FOL and start date... You got a room for rent for a month or two?!?! Won't know for sure until I hear, but seems hopeful. Otherwise any other suggestions for cheap housing until getting qualified?