RTF academy frozen?

markthetape

Jun 23, 2008
Whats the deal with RTF? last thing I heard was that RTF is backed up and they won't be taking in any new hires until mid 2010, anyone know anything different?

menglish1

Newcomer
Jun 21, 2008
I'm returning after getting my CTO along with two others at my facility I had a three to four month wait and I'm going in December and they arn't going till march so that sounds about right. Not a freeze just a backlog it's the faa they move slow even for those of us that are already hired. :)

markthetape

Jun 23, 2008
That's what i heard, that current FAA folks are backlogged so we gotta wait, just my luck i finally get the TRACON only facility i wanted and the only thing frozen is RTF!

Radium

Epic Member
Jan 14, 2009
Though if you are at facility, you can get the call... I think some people in my RTF class (from up/downs) got like 1 week notice to go to RTF.

cfiat22

Oct 27, 2008
Eugene, Oregon
I got checked out through local at my facility and tried to get an RTF date as soon as possible....March 2 was the soonest. They told me that if I was willing to go on a moments notice that I could get a sooner one.

mmactuba

Rookie
Aug 20, 2008
Maryland
RTF Classes are continuing as scheduled, last I heard. The freeze is happening with ITR Classes, which is for the TRACON Only folks. Our instructor for ITR right now said that the next class isn't until 3/31, which means that the RTF classes will be for the CTO/Tower folks returning to OKC (up/downs etc.).

Makes sense, based on what some of you have said above, regarding difficulty getting an RTF date from your Tower facility.

markthetape

Jun 23, 2008
i think we all have to go to the itr thing, im prior mil with radar, and the letter says thirty days of class, unless an hr rep told you otherwise.