RVA Job Openings

ChefBryardee

Rookie
Jul 5, 2018
Fort Worth
Any idea what specific facilities they're looking for people at? I'm currently Navy at KNFW but I'm getting out in September. I have Spinks, Arlington, Denton, and Dallas Executive within the metroplex that I've been thinking about.

Resoof

Rookie
Mar 9, 2009
Springdale, AR
You want in with the contract towers you gotta be willing to go where ever the job opening is, then work your way to where you really want to go.

Current openings this week

ROG
FYV
XNA
SJT
ARA

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
I know someone leaving OPF soon so there should be an opening if it hasn’t already been filled.

Resoof

Rookie
Mar 9, 2009
Springdale, AR
XNA has been short a controller for over a year due to controllers coming and leaving. Also had issues with controllers being able to check out and off the street hires being able to pass a back ground check. Its a great place to work, 4th busiest contract tower for air carrier operations (Only Hawaii and Guam are busier). 95% of our traffic is professional pilots.

Aaron33

Newcomer
Mar 15, 2019
You can add BRO to he soon to be openings. And I would of loved to work at XNA when I first got into Contract just never seemed to be open when I was looking.

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
I toured XNA years ago (talking 2010ish) and would have loved to work there as I grew up around Little Rock. Seemed like a cool place.

freakfly23

Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
Are they still requiring 2 years experience? I got my CTO in November and have been working at VLD since.

CW91

Newcomer
May 29, 2019
Hey guys, any update on RVA openings? Looking to slide in somewhere around August-September. I've applied to just about everything on the website, just want to make sure I didn't miss anything that has an ACTUAL opening.

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
RVA generally won’t even bother unless you have at least two years experience post cto. So if you don’t have that, then it’s just a matter of waiting that time frame. Serco has a few openings if you want to get better traffic and pay than Valdosta.