San Juan CERAP - ZSU

wilo

Newcomer
Sep 9, 2009
Vega Baja, PR
Starting class for ZSU on October 8th... until God knows when... PUBNAT2, so it's taken quite a while to get here. Sorry no answers whatsoever about the facility itself, but you can tag me after February... I may know a little bit more by then.

nja0423

May 4, 2009
yep i got this facility too.........hopefully one day we will all meet....im just waiting for a date to OKC.

red_stripe

Newcomer
Feb 1, 2009
i'm waiting on okc for zsu as well. making a trip to san juan at the end of oct. hoping to meet the facility manager and maybe get a tour

nja0423

May 4, 2009
anybody heard anything on okc for ZSU yet? im still waiting for my okc date was told my clearances were in

nja0423

May 4, 2009
talked with my hr rep......she said she had me penciled in for a FEB 1st academy date...not set in stone but expect to leave sometime around then. Lets hope....feels good to have a ballpark figure

Cuco

Newcomer
Nov 2, 2009
atc_svn,or anybody else, for that matter, I just retired from San Juan Center in June, what do you want to know about ZSU? Say, bippoptl, you guys finaly took over the oceanic airspace, that's awesome, dude, enjoy :)

Cuco (CN)

red_stripe

Newcomer
Feb 1, 2009
i was just informed that my clearances have went through and now just waiting on a class date for ZSU. I was able to tour the facility last month and really liked it after seeing JAX and ATL centers. After a lot of waiting, i can finally see a small light at the end of the tunnel!

nja0423

May 4, 2009
Got my FOL for ZSU today for the Jan. 11 class. Anybody heading to ZSU going to the academy this date as well???

DJatc

Nov 12, 2010
San Angelo, TX
bumping an old thread.

I can't find the facility information on this particular area. What is the facility level, and the cost of living adjustment % rate?

Are you guys still accepting newbies, or are you backed up? I put PR as my geo pref in PUBNAT8, so I was wondering.

ashleymichels

Newcomer
Nov 3, 2010
Grand Forks AFB to ZME
bumping an old thread.

I can't find the facility information on this particular area. What is the facility level, and the cost of living adjustment % rate?

Are you guys still accepting newbies, or are you backed up? I put PR as my geo pref in PUBNAT8, so I was wondering.

I was just selected to interview for ZSU. I'm not sure what level it is, but COLA is 10.44%, locality pay is 4.72%.

UNDgrad06

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Peachtree City, GA
Waking up an old thread....

There is a bid out for San Juan and I thought I would just throw out to anyone, what is it like to live there? How is the facility? etc...(any other information you want to give.)

I am already aware of the basic stuff (i.e. smaller house, traffic, crime, etc.) I lived in Chile for 6 months, so I am somewhat aware of what it would be like. I just want someone else thoughts.