San Juan CERAP - ZSU

Juanfl86

Rookie
Apr 30, 2009
Anyone know anything about the current bid for ZSU? How many people they are picking up? I submitted my bid today, anyone else put in a bid?

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
Anyone know anything about the current bid for ZSU? How many people they are picking up? I submitted my bid today, anyone else put in a bid?
I don't know anything about it, but getting into ZSU should be fairly easy. I think they have a bigger problem with people leaving, so as long as your current facility will release you it shouldn't be an issue.

themoosedotcom

Newcomer
Oct 13, 2010
I'm currently at the CERAP right now. Nobody really knows what happened, if anyone got picked up on those bids. What facility are you at now? I might be interested in doing a swap if your interested.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
Old thread I know....
But do the controllers do both center and approach work? Or is it basically split and they only work in one area?
What is the staffing like? Would they pick up any lower level up/down CPCs?

rabbittruns

Newcomer
Sep 7, 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico
CERAP is a center/approach combined. You work the A sides on the center side if you are approach and flight data on the approach side if you are center, but once you CPC you won't see the other side anymore except for currency. Staffing is getting better all around, but center is hurting more because it takes longer to train on that side. we pick up people from lower level up/downs all the time so put an ERR in if you are interested. staffing is pretty good on the approach side right now but there are people trying to leave so you may get picked up.. that's how I got here!

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
CERAP is a center/approach combined. You work the A sides on the center side if you are approach and flight data on the approach side if you are center, but once you CPC you won't see the other side anymore except for currency. Staffing is getting better all around, but center is hurting more because it takes longer to train on that side. we pick up people from lower level up/downs all the time so put an ERR in if you are interested. staffing is pretty good on the approach side right now but there are people trying to leave so you may get picked up.. that's how I got here!
Very informative and just what I was looking for. Thank you!

oscaruniform

Newcomer
Aug 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK
Anyone currently at ZSU or have any info about ZSU and how long it usually takes to achieve CPC? I am currently at the Academy and was hired under the Feb OTS bid and ZSU is one of the options we can choose.
Thanks in advance.

buckeye10

Trusted Member
Nov 27, 2008
Anyone currently at ZSU or have any info about ZSU and how long it usually takes to achieve CPC? I am currently at the Academy and was hired under the Feb OTS bid and ZSU is one of the options we can choose.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry to hijack the thread, but is everyone getting to select based on class rank?

gablephillip

Trusted Member
Oct 18, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Bout 100% sure I'll select ZSU when I finish the Academy 22APR. Still a good spot?

Last edited:

rodanthe2

Rookie
Apr 15, 2014
the downstairs training program is actually ok. we have a couple good guys teaching.......but we aren't going to keep you just because we need people. you still have to prove yourself. this airspace is incredibly complex. lots of non radar and there are no high and low sectors. it gets pretty wild in the winter time on the center side.