San Juan Tower - SJU

xGIOx

Oct 4, 2009
Re: SJU Tower

Level 7 tower. 85% commercial traffic. No general aviation pattern work. Simple cleared to land and cleared for takeoff type of operation. 24 hour facility. Best view you have ever seen. Everyone has checked out there as far as I know. Staffing moderate to good.

elliott2e

Sep 14, 2010
Orlando, Florida
Any info on what to expect when I arrive in San Juan? There isn't a facility orientation guide for the tower and I haven't received my FOL but have been notified that SJU will be my facility. Also, what is the break down of pay? On the pay scale calc. it shows the locality as 13% but I know that the COLA is also 13%. So do you combine them to make 26% or are they basically one in the same? Finally, what is the best way to find a nice place to live? I can't really afford to take a trip to PR for a few days to look for a place to live. Anyone who works or has worked there please help me out here!! lol

rios

Oct 9, 2010
Any info on what to expect when I arrive in San Juan? There isn't a facility orientation guide for the tower and I haven't received my FOL but have been notified that SJU will be my facility. Also, what is the break down of pay? On the pay scale calc. it shows the locality as 13% but I know that the COLA is also 13%. So do you combine them to make 26% or are they basically one in the same? Finally, what is the best way to find a nice place to live? I can't really afford to take a trip to PR for a few days to look for a place to live. Anyone who works or has worked there please help me out here!! lol
check your inbox...

rodanthe2

Apr 15, 2014
its not hard to get out if you are phillyman and working in the tower. but if you work at the CERAP it is damn near impossible.

epiphany87007

Oct 29, 2009
What does the housing market vs crime vs pay all look?
I've heard so many conflicting things about San Juan.
Still have return rights after a few years to the region you left?

phillyman2633

May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
We only get "Rest of US" locality pay here, it's a joke. Cost of living is fairly high in the city. Groceries are pretty expensive, you can expect to pay at least $400 a month for just yourself.

If you're willing to live outside the city and drive to work, there are some nice houses to be had close to the beacH in nice neighborhoods. You can find nice condos and houses in the city, too.

BigB

Jan 30, 2015
OKC
Put P.R. number one on my preference list with U.S. V.I's second. Should I immediately begin regretting this the second this CTO bid closes out tomorrow night? Someone please give me a glimmer of hope.