Saving Pay.

mikefsfr

Epic Member
May 31, 2010
Train Me.
Question, lets keep it to the guys who know what they are talking about please.

CPC at an 11. ERR to a 7 ( which takes you to below the band). If i went to the 7, certified and went back to a facility that was within the 11 payband do I go back to the 11 pay? More simply, if i CPC 11 do i keep 11 even if i go to a facility well below the pay band and then transfer down the road to a facility within the 11 pay band?

jcpilot

May 19, 2009
Anchorage, AK
If I understand it correctly, no.

If you go from an 11 to a 7, you'll go to the top of the 7 band. If you then go to a higher-level facility after that, you would either get a 6 percent raise, or go to the bottom of the band for that level, whichever is greater.

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
  1. Upon voluntary transfer to a lower ATC level facility, Basic Pay is set at the current Basic Pay if that rate falls within the new CPC pay band. If current Basic Pay is higher than the top of the new band, Basic Pay is set at the top of the CPC pay band.

1. Upon transfer to a higher ATC Level Facility, Basic Pay is increased to the minimum of the new CPC pay band, or is increased by six percent (6%), whichever is greater, for transfers to a higher level facility up to the level 10 facility. Employees transferring to level 11 or 12 facilities from a level 4 through 10 facility, Basic Pay is increased to the minimum of the new CPC pay band or is increased by eight percent (8%), whichever is greater, not to exceed the new band maximum.

An ERR is a voluntary transfer. Therefore, under the current pay article, your pay would be set at the top of the ATC-7 band if your current pay is above it. If you then transferred to an ATC-11 facility, you would go to the bottom of the ATC-11 band or get an 8% raise, whichever was greater.

rodanthe2

Rookie
Apr 15, 2014
Im pretty sure you save pay for three years right? then you go to what low approach posted.

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
Unless it's explicitly stated otherwise in a job announcement, you go to the top of the band if you move to a lower facility with a base pay higher than its band. It may not always have been that way, but that's how it is in the contract now.