Security Clearance?

Ragz

Newcomer
Apr 17, 2019
Good evening,

Any prior military folks here that had to do another round of security background check to recieve their firm offer?
I'm not entirely sure if the clearance I need is lower than what I have now (secret).
I'm just verifying if I need to do this. I havent spoken to my POC yet, I just don't want to waste anyones time.
Anything helps. Thanks ya'll!

SMS

Trusted Member
Oct 28, 2014
It’s a public trust background check, completely different. I had a TS when I came on board and they still did one.

daspence742

Newcomer
Jan 10, 2018
Wait it is? Are you sure? I thought it was a secret... have been waiting 19 months since my TOL (no interim). Seems like an abnormal waiting period for a public trust.

BigHorse

Feb 27, 2013
Wait it is? Are you sure? I thought it was a secret... have been waiting 19 months since my TOL (no interim). Seems like an abnormal waiting period for a public trust.
Where are you going ? We have 2 people we are waiting on and they have been stuck in security for over a year.

SMS

Trusted Member
Oct 28, 2014
Not a Secret unless you are going to some unique office in the agency, which is not likely as a new hire ATSS.

Its just a basic background investigation, if it’s been hung up specifically for that, for this long, you might want to follow up.

"Y"-Code

May 18, 2017
Where are you going ? We have 2 people we are waiting on and they have been stuck in security for over a year.
Mine was a public trust. I had my active secret clearance, and 2 weeks after my interview an investigator called me to set up an interview. She interviewed my co worker.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

daspence742

Newcomer
Jan 10, 2018
Does anyone know what office is responsible for Adjudication of clearances? My POC at the "Personnel Security Branch" stated that my investigation was received and passed to a "higher authority" for the final adjudicative phase. Apparently, won't be more than another month or two now.