Security Interview

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
Has anyone ever done one of these? I got a call late last night from a guy saying he needed to meet with me regarding a security interview...not sure if this is normal, or maybe they just do spot checks? I didn't have to do one of these 2 years ago when I got cleared after my initial TOL.

I've got a clean background......as long as you haven't seen my Facebook pictures.

Josh

Jan 3, 2011
Clean background might not be the issue. From what I've seen they do intensive credit/financial checks and will scrutinize any bit of debt you may have too.

cgabriel7110

Jan 17, 2014
Earth
When I started working at the contact tower im at now we did our background check through equip and then had to do a background interview with an investigator. Nothing too crazy... they just review everything you put on equip. same thing as before... Honesty is the best policy.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
HAHAHA I'm sorry I actually lol'ed at this. If this is true, count out me and every other Embry-Riddle grad from any career in the FAA lol. That being said, none of my debt is outstanding.
This is very true. On my security interview they were asking about a debt collection I had from 2007 and late payments on my car the same year (2007 sucked, that's why I enlisted in 2008). They knew everything down to the penny and how late my payments were. They just wanted an explanation though.

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
Yeah I just finished it, it was pretty straighforward. The guy said he was surprised I wasn't interviewed when I initially got my TOL in 2012, he said it was standard procedure. Had a hard time explaining the white powder under the bridge of my nose....

Chrislds

Rookie
Jan 11, 2011
No, not everyone will be interviewed. If you have anything they would like clarification on you may be interviewed. You won't know until they call you or whomever you report to that they are requesting the interview.

Aug 10, 2014
Just graduated the academy. 18/18 in my class had interviews either before or while we were at the academy, even those with prior military clearances. I have nothing negative in my history, so my interview was basically just confirming everything I put on my E-QIP with the OPM investigator.

Shotgun Mic

Rookie
Jun 28, 2014
Maryland
Thanks for the information, GarrettTheGunn! I had my interview last week. Like you, I have nothing negative in my history, so it only took about 15-20 minutes for the OPM investigator to confirm everything that I put on E-QIP. I work 10 minutes from OPM in Severn, MD, so I wasn't sure if I was randomly selected because of my close proximity.