Seniority and Schedule

Resoof

Rookie
Mar 9, 2009
Springdale, AR
I am transferring from one NATCA FCT to another NATCA FCT. I have seniority on 2 current controllers at what will be my new facility. My question is this, Do I have to take the open schedule line or can I ask for a rebid of the schedule once certified?

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
Just from what I've seen, not contract, but FAA, is that you'd take whatever line is left. Then when you bid for next year you'll go ahead of them. The open line is offered to everyone ahead of you, and if no one takes it then it becomes yours.

Doug Church

Director of Communications
Sep 8, 2009
Washington, D.C.
www.natca.org
Resoof,

The contract says placement on the schedule is by seniority but it does not say how often the schedule is to be bid or under what circumstances. I do not know the particulars in your facility. Whether they bid annually, not at all, when there is a vacancy? A lot depends on what your local procedures and timing for bidding are, I think.

At one facility, a local rule adopted stated that a new check out could not bump an FPL off of his/her line.

Under the circumstances, every facility should have an agreement on what triggers rebidding the schedule, whether it occurs annually, or if there is some other trigger. Annually makes the most sense to us, but it is hard to gauge what might make sense to each facility.

-Doug Church