seniority for bidding on days off

mdym2

Newcomer
Sep 4, 2008
Regarding the annual bid for days off for 2009...
The management at my facility considers those who have worked here the longest to be "senior" to those who have more overall federal government time. It just so happens that by doing so, the "good 'ol boys and girls" in the facility get to pick first.
The question to all: Does your facility do the same thing as mine?

kycontroller

Jun 17, 2008
There's a paragraph about seniority in the NATCA constitution. It is saying that your overall time with the FAA is the first thing to look at when determining seniority.

PCFunk

Rookie
Jun 16, 2008
Northern Colorado
Seniority goes off of FAA time not government service time. I checked into my Facility in 2006 as a newbie. I had 5 years military time making my "service comp date" 2001. CPCs that got here in 2002 have more FAA seniority. If you have previous gov service you'll always carry two dates with you. FAA hire date and service comp date. And the union is in charge of seniority. This last convention they changed the rules a little bit. If you take a temporary Supervisor position and do not get picked up for full time Supervisor, when you come back to the floor you will lose ALL of your seniority.