SF 86

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
Had a question about this form/background checks in general. Some years ago I had filled out an SF 86 form for clearence with the TSA. Since I submitted it does that mean it will still be on file? Now I never actually received a job or had any type of offer, but would they hace gone through and actually done the background check? Just wondering if my original one may still be valid since it was from within the last couple of years. The only follow up I ever heard from the TSA was a request for forms 2811 (Fair Credit Reporting Act Authorization) and 2812 (Authorization for Release of Information). Would they do the stuff regarding SF 86 first, or do they request the credit information before they would procede with the actual background check?

Just curious. I'm not that far in the process yet, but I'm all for avoiding any paperwork that I can :lol:

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
I did however receive an email stating "You were recently notified that our records indicate you have accepted a contingent offer of employment and are ready for the next phase in the process"

Unfortunally I don't remember that ever happening.....