SF85P-S Vs. SF86

bluesky1

Newcomer
Dec 6, 2016
Hi,

I'm new and wondering if the information from SF85-PS is shared with information from previously submitted SF-86? I was told to fill out a new application for a new position and wasn't sure if I could make any changes to SF-85-PS or if making changes would raise red flags.

rdyotz

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2014
Arizona
They are going to do a security clearance, which will include looking at past clearances as well. They will likely ask about any discrepancies between clearances, flat out lying would likely result in clearances being denied. Minor mistakes they will likely just want to know the correct info. If you are doing a new clearance, treat it like one, showing most recent address, references , etc.

boots

Jan 6, 2017
They are going to do a security clearance, which will include looking at past clearances as well. They will likely ask about any discrepancies between clearances, flat out lying would likely result in clearances being denied. Minor mistakes they will likely just want to know the correct info. If you are doing a new clearance, treat it like one, showing most recent address, references , etc.
I was cleared about 7 years ago and honestly I have no idea what I put on there. I also heard when you go to fill out your clearance if you had previously filled one or the old information will be there. I'm not sure how accurate that is.

SMS

Trusted Member
Oct 28, 2014
You're over thinking it. Fill it out to the best of your ability/knowledge/recollection and all will be fine...

Brave29

Jan 6, 2017
I've heard they only use the SF-86 now, if you filled your security clearance out 7 years ago using eqip then it will SHOULD still be there. However i'm assuming you wont remember your login info for that so you'll have to call the eqip staff or email them from your government email to get it unlocked after the FAA sends the request.
I was cleared about 7 years ago and honestly I have no idea what I put on there. I also heard when you go to fill out your clearance if you had previously filled one or the old information will be there. I'm not sure how accurate that is.