SM android ap

Davo

Trusted Contributor
Mar 14, 2009
As I sit in a movie theater surfing stuckmic waiting on the movie to start it hit me. Stuckmic needs an android ap. I don't know how much this would cost but I think it would be cool to have. I would pay a dollar or two to download it. :)

Radium

Epic Member
Jan 14, 2009
what would u do on the app that you cant do on the website? Just view the website... hell the majority of my time on SM is on my phone.

Davo

Trusted Contributor
Mar 14, 2009
Viewing full websites on phones can be a bit cumbersome. I have a couple of forum aps and they try to simplify the format for easier viewing. On my phone I have to scroll a lot to find the link or other information I am looking for. I posted this more of a joke than a real request. I am not a coder by any means and do not know how much it would cost to have such an ap created nor do I know if enough funds would be raised to cover the cost.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
There's actually a vBulletin app out there for iPhone; wouldn't be surprised if it was available for Android too. I'll see if I can track it down, but you might find it faster by just doing an App Store search (or whatever the Android store is called).

irishcarbomb

Epic Member
Dec 3, 2008
Houston, TX
There's actually a vBulletin app out there for iPhone; wouldn't be surprised if it was available for Android too. I'll see if I can track it down, but you might find it faster by just doing an App Store search (or whatever the Android store is called).
according to the vbulletin site, for us to incorporate that into StuckMic it would cost $200, then $99 a year for support.

Tapatalk is available for iphone and android for $2.99, and has a free plugin to load into the forum...might be worth looking into

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
according to the vbulletin site, for us to incorporate that into StuckMic it would cost $200, then $99 a year for support.
Ugh. Pass.

I know Doug Taylor set it up over at JetCareers, but it makes more sense for a userbase who may only be able to use mobile devices to access the site while on the road.

MTCTIGUY

Trusted Contributor
Jun 19, 2008
The 'Boro
Last edited:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 11, 2008
An SM Android, Blackberry, and Iphone app are something I would really like to incorporate. Obviously, all that comes at a price. Maybe I'll have a fundraiser once we price out some options and go from there.

Thanks for the input!