So Cal TRACON - SCT

duranme

Senior Analyst
Nov 3, 2009
BUR
In regards to ERRs theyre picking people up. As far as new hires they dont accept them anymore.

OGTSX

Rookie
Mar 31, 2011
Thanks for the info. How is the manning at Burbank? I am trying to get a feel of where I may possibly be going.

mturnbeaugh

Jun 19, 2015
Anaheim, CA
yea. level 12, you deal with 3 military airfields. too many civilian facilities to count. crazy busy all the time and training will take 2.5-3.5 years. enjoy delmar sector!!

mturnbeaugh

Jun 19, 2015
Anaheim, CA
try to stay away from the border. so NO to chula vista, national city,otay mesa, Mira Mesa tijuana. Yes to La Jolla, Ocean Beach, Kearney Mesa, carlsbad, carmel valley, pacific beach, and mission valley are all safe and upscale

Stingchik4

Jan 29, 2014
Question for any SCT ATCers out there: Transferring to SCT from a level 5 up-down....bad idea? I'm undecided if I want to transfer to a "stepping-stone" facility, or dive head first into my dream facility. �� Yup, I'm still one of those "super excited, and so thankful and humble to have this job/opportunity" types of people ����

hireme1

Newcomer
Feb 9, 2017
Hi, I'm looking at higher level facilities to bid from a level 7 up down. Did you end up going to SCT? What was your experience there or have you heard anything from reliable sources about the staffing level and training environment?

jessydevine

Newcomer
Apr 11, 2012
Hello!
I’m a cpc at ZHU and am interested in ERR to SCT. How do center controllers fair at SCT? What are the biggest hurdles going from enroute to tracon? Are y’all still on mandatory 6 day work weeks?

thanking you

Newcomer
Jun 9, 2015
Hello I’m a CPC at a level 6 up/down... was interested to ERR to SCT. How is the environment there? Looks like the check out rate is about 75% is that accurate?

Last edited: