So Cal TRACON - SCT

jeffro979

Newcomer
Jul 7, 2008
she said she started a couple of weeks ago, and was giving the letters starting with the people who have the earliest release dates......

CAtoVT

Newcomer
Jul 15, 2009
When were your release dates? Just curious to see where they're at in the process.
My ATM won't tell me what date they negotiated for some reason.
Just antsy I guess. Thanks!

RPizzle

Newcomer
Jul 8, 2010
So its been quite a while since I have been on. Just curious where is everyone at that just got picked up? Anyone made it through training yet? I have 5 more months on my deployment here in Iraq and hopefully be out in another 10 months. So I need to do more and more research on things. Especially disability coming out of the military and trying to get into FAA like if they have any restrictions.

I will be researching if there is any info here on that unless someone already knows. I will also be back in SD in about 6 months so if anyone wants to meet up im down.

Thanks for all the info so far. It has definitely helped.

buttaonaroll

Newcomer
Dec 25, 2010
I'm chris, commin to socal tracon from A90 (Boston approach). Got my firm offer letter a couple weeks ago, I guess I'm startin march 28th. Anyone else gettin there then? I assume I'm not the only one. Not sure what area I'm going to but I'm pretty pumped.

Reference the dude from above, I was in the military as well. I got 10 percent for tenitis (ringing in the ears). I asked this same question refence this specific disability comming in and they told me as long as I can pass a hearing test I'd be good to go. You accually get some bonus points on your application for being disabled so as long as you weren't blinded or lost your tongue i wouldnt hesitate putting it on down. I also was deployed to Iraq, stationed in Mosul. Where are you at? Any more questions just ask brother. Good luck on your deployment and application.

RPizzle

Newcomer
Jul 8, 2010
I'm chris, commin to socal tracon from A90 (Boston approach). Got my firm offer letter a couple weeks ago, I guess I'm startin march 28th. Anyone else gettin there then? I assume I'm not the only one. Not sure what area I'm going to but I'm pretty pumped.

Reference the dude from above, I was in the military as well. I got 10 percent for tenitis (ringing in the ears). I asked this same question refence this specific disability comming in and they told me as long as I can pass a hearing test I'd be good to go. You accually get some bonus points on your application for being disabled so as long as you weren't blinded or lost your tongue i wouldnt hesitate putting it on down. I also was deployed to Iraq, stationed in Mosul. Where are you at? Any more questions just ask brother. Good luck on your deployment and application.
Hey thanks buddy I appreciate the info and thank you for your service as well. I should be in san diego around late may so maybe we can meet up and shoot the shit.

I am currently stationed at balad and currently in Balad cerap. The airspace is pretty big, pretty much most of iraq. Being in mosul you probably have a pretty good idea of balads a/s although it has changed quite a bit over the years from what I have heard.

RPizzle

Newcomer
Jul 8, 2010
yo RP, you know Kevin Brothers? Thats my boy
Yea I know a Brothers here in balad right now. Not sure if his first name is kevin I will ask him though next time I see him. Hes not on my crew though but yea hes pretty cool I think hes from socal orignially. Hes a funny dude!

Whats your initials and where you know him from I will tell him you said whats up next time I see him.

Radium

Epic Member
Jan 14, 2009
Yea I know a Brothers here in balad right now. Not sure if his first name is kevin I will ask him though next time I see him. Hes not on my crew though but yea hes pretty cool I think hes from socal orignially. Hes a funny dude!

Whats your initials and where you know him from I will tell him you said whats up next time I see him.
I was his trainer at his main base, I got out right b4 he got rated... he will know who ur talking about!

Radium

Epic Member
Jan 14, 2009
They are always on the way in. Training is the same as always, moving, slowly... some areas faster than others.
I think we just got a new shipment of like 6, they all just started in data in their respective areas within the last month.