So let me get this straight...

mjh55404

Senior Analyst
Jul 3, 2009
OKC
I don't understand why Gruene is so impossible to get to, but I get lost about every other time I go out.

Best dancehall I've been to, though, was this little place off a dirt road in Castroville. Totally the kind of place that they sing about in country songs, probably what Luckenbach was like before it became popular. It just looked like this big wooden shack, but you go inside and the place is jumping. All sorts of people, too -- gen-u-wine country rubes, city folk who like to get down -- but they're all legit about their country, no fakers, no people who'd go up to the DJ at Far West and ask him to play some Usher "so we can dance". And definitely no douchebags wearing silk shirts.

You know, Dev might know about it, K. It was kind of an inside TU thing. If you get a chance... I highly recommend it.

...man, I really wish I could've seen Pat Green one more time at Sunset Station before taking out. Hey, if you hear about him playing there, or Flores, or Gruene Hall, or anywhere else nearby... lemme know. Maybe I'll put up for a ticket down there.

I really need to move back from Seattle.

Move back? You need to at least try one real Seattle winter.... say 6 weeks of continuous drizzle! I wouldn't call it rain. Summer here awesome I must say... When we have one :)

mjh55404

Senior Analyst
Jul 3, 2009
OKC
Nope. People sometimes get stuff out of area. Remember Niagra? She's coming to ZSE too, didn't put down anyplace remotely near Washington. It's pretty uncommon, and maybe it was just temporary as they were trying to fill those last few slots, but it's happened.

And for the record, I'm pretty sure heaven looks something like Gruene. I've been to the dancehall there many, many times.
Yeah it figures people who didnt want to get ZSE get picked.... yet I put WA 1st and CA 2nd and off to ZOA I go!

I will just count my blessings considering the list is moving fast for ZOA.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Can we change the name of this forum to Gruene Texas? Or do you guys just want to call each other on the phone?
Hey, no interrupting a perfectly good thread hijack.

Move back? You need to at least try one real Seattle winter.... say 6 weeks of continuous drizzle! I wouldn't call it rain. Summer here awesome I must say... When we have one :)
Summer? What's that? I thought I said goodbye to those when I moved up here.

Yeah it figures people who didnt want to get ZSE get picked.... yet I put WA 1st and CA 2nd and off to ZOA I go!
Figures. Maybe they thought you'd get hung up trying to catch some of the weird one-hit wonder acts they bring in to Muckleshoot on the way to work too often. Montell Jordan's gonna be there soon.... I'm all over that. And it's free. Thiiiis is how we doooo iiiiit.

GolfJuliet

'Merica
Oct 29, 2009
What's winter? In Texas we have 4 seasons; almost summer, summer, still summer, and deer season.

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009
Best dancehall I've been to, though, was this little place off a dirt road in Castroville. Totally the kind of place that they sing about in country songs, probably what Luckenbach was like before it became popular. It just looked like this big wooden shack, but you go inside and the place is jumping. All sorts of people, too -- gen-u-wine country rubes, city folk who like to get down -- but they're all legit about their country, no fakers, no people who'd go up to the DJ at Far West and ask him to play some Usher "so we can dance". And definitely no douchebags wearing silk shirts.

You know, Dev might know about it, K. It was kind of an inside TU thing. If you get a chance... I highly recommend it.

I really need to move back from Seattle.
It's the Quihi dance hall. Been there a time or two.

Stay up there in Seattle, we're going to try to take a trip up there sometime soon and need a place to stay!

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
It's the Quihi dance hall. Been there a time or two.
YES! Quihi! I knew that you would know of that place. I couldn't remember the name and was worried I'd never find it again. You're the king, baby.

You can crash here any time. By the time you get up here, we might even have stuff unpacked. We've got a good recliner couch, a lovesac, HDTV, a view of an airport AND a seaplane port... what else do you need? Oh yeah, and my charming friggin' conversation. I'll start looking for a place where we can play trivia with drunks.

GolfJuliet

'Merica
Oct 29, 2009
Dinning room table always works well. Wait I'm not supposed to know about those kinda things.