Some FNG Questions

Chuck3too3

Rookie
Jun 17, 2008
I just got some forms to fax back to the FAA for my trip up to Memphis for the PEPC. One of them is the "Record of Family Relationship". I am not related to anyone in the FAA, but there are a few items on this form that I don't know how to respond to. I am not sure what the "Grade", "Position", "Location", "Office, Service, and Division" is. Anyone know how to respond to these or what information goes in these blocks? Also, anyone know when the referral lists for the VRA anouncements that closed out on 6/3 are going to come out?

B_Chuck

Newcomer
Jun 23, 2008
GFK...New England soon
I think the form is FAA Form 3300-9 (9-80), and on my copy under the relationship part it said "(If no relatives by blood or marriage, write the word “none” in the first column. Where details are not known, write the word “unknown” in the appropriate column.)"

If I remember correctly I just put None on the first line in the Relatives block.

Meg

Newcomer
Jun 16, 2008
I left mine blank at the top and wrote on the cover page that I left them blank.

Stan Marsh

Jun 18, 2008
The Desert
When I emailed the guy that sent me the forms, he said to just leave that top right corner box blank and that they would fill it in for me.

Darn, and I thought he was going to give away where they unofficially assigned me :)

kycontroller

Jun 17, 2008
Yo Chuck, just put none on the form. It should say that somewhere. Are going from FL to Memphis? That sucks! Is ER getting out too?

Chuck3too3

Rookie
Jun 17, 2008
KY, its only about a six hour drive up to memphis or so, so its not too bad. ER is staying in cause she made Tech, and the facility manager at PNS said that he would hire me. I just have to get on a referral list for FL. Right now i am on a list for Cali so I am going through the process based on that, but i am going to turn the offer down. I have already applied to the anouncment that closes on the 30th of this month and only put FL on there as one of the five state choices. The manager at PNS said that he could get my referral from CA changed to FL, but couldn't make it happen. He is all about hiring guys from Eglin now that MC (Mcmillan) works over there now and is the only trainee worth a crap. So i just have to wait for the referral list to come out and then start class i guess. My last day was yesterday so i have to be a Walmart greeter for a while, but you can do that drunk so im not mad.