South Florida Train Companies?

rageaster

Rookie
Aug 20, 2011
Has anyone had any luck with these or know of anyone who has? I applied to the Tri-Rail and Metro Rail recently and I'm hoping that even though there's no current position available they will consider my application at the very least.

NizmoSR20

The Silver Bullet
Jul 28, 2009
Ft. Worth, Texas!
dont look for just the minor rail lines that will be there, look for major railroads that go thru florida as well, or any of the bordering states, cause even if you're not HOME HOME, you can be close to it.

buckeye10

Trusted Member
Nov 27, 2008
You won't be able to get hired by CSX and work in Jacksonville. Jax used to be the only dispatch center for CSX but they split into 10 locations in 2008 so everytime a job there comes open, someone with seniority bids and on it and moves back.

rageaster

Rookie
Aug 20, 2011
You won't be able to get hired by CSX and work in Jacksonville. Jax used to be the only dispatch center for CSX but they split into 10 locations in 2008 so everytime a job there comes open, someone with seniority bids and on it and moves back.
Good info, but how could I be notified of a position opening? Seems surprisingly difficult to be hired as a train dispatcher and I say this based primary on the premises of job openings. I just want to have a job when I separate lol.