Spirit airlines is the f**king worst

C

charliezuluatc

Even though it comes from the Onion, Spirit could be the worse. If people only knew how many NMACS and pilot deviations their flights have been involved in.

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
This pretty much confirms what everyone I know who has flown on them says. I work then all day long though, so apparently no one is deterred by the shitty conditions

irishatc

Jun 20, 2008
I've never had a problem with them. I print my boarding pass at home and bring a backpack carry on for a weekend trip. IMO, if you don't take the time to research the airline you just spent $30 for a round trip ticket you are a poor consumer.

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
That's bc people suck Irish. They whine when life isn't sunshine and rainbows and don't always get what they want. If you spend $30 on a round trip ticket and fail to read the fine print, then that's your own fault when you get hit with a fee for oversized bags..

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
I think more airlines should carry for carry-ons, particularly the large ones. If you can throw it under the seat who cares, but damn there's not much more annoying than being delayed 15 minutes because morons are fighting up and down the aisles try to jam their giant sized wheeled carry-ons in the overhead bins.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
That's cause those geniuses don't use those handy "if you're bag can't fit into this..." things all around the airport. They should make it mandatory to trial fit before going through security.

JulietDelta

Oct 18, 2012
Missouri
The flight attendants also do a poor job of policing carry ons. I see mo fos with two, three carry ons ALL the time. I even saw this bitch try to carry on her guitar case once.

GUYONABUFFALO

Epic Member
Oct 4, 2012
Minnesota
If I owned an airline I would charge by the pound. Passengers weight + Baggage weight determines the price. Weight needs lift, lift produces drag and that means $$$$$$. I would call it Weight Watchers Airlines

TKA

Rookie
Oct 7, 2010

Yep. Worked for them at FLL from June 2011-September 2011. Learned all the tricks they pull and made me never want to fly them again.

Care to share any of these tricks to help make the flying public more savvy? :)

productfly

Apr 24, 2010
ZNY Till I Die!!!
GUYONABUFFALO:242339 said:
If I owned an airline I would charge by the pound. Passengers weight + Baggage weight determines the price. Weight needs lift, lift produces drag and that means $$$$$$. I would call it Weight Watchers Airlines
Think of it as an incentive to loose weight

barty

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2008
I think more airlines should carry for carry-ons, particularly the large ones. If you can throw it under the seat who cares, but damn there's not much more annoying than being delayed 15 minutes because morons are fighting up and down the aisles try to jam their giant sized wheeled carry-ons in the overhead bins.
If they'd stop charging for the first checked bag (and stop losing luggage), that would stop. It is a problem THEY created.

The Fold

Transmitting in the Blind
Apr 15, 2009
Florida
I never understood the argument about making people check carry on bags. I non-rev all the time, and most airlines have gotten away from carry ons. So I'm stuck checking my bag on a flight that I don't get on. My bag makes it to my destination meanwhile I'm 2 flights away still, hoping that some oaf didn't pick up my bag from the carousel. With that being said, I think it's bullshit to limit carry on size to extremely small dimensions, but charge for each and every checked bag.

Feb 28, 2012
Lol, last time I flew these guys, (at bag check-in) as soon as I walked up: "hello, welcome to Spirit..... You're flight is delayed by 3 hours" (departed 4.5 hours late). Aaaaand forget trying to get a "live" representative on the phone.