SSR Vs. Locality

sarge414

Newcomer
Feb 14, 2015
1
0
1
Just got a job offer for a GS-11 step 6, but Im not really sure how the pay works out. Is it either you get paid locality for the area, Or SSR? The number they gave me was exactly what the special rate table says online for ATC, but I was under the impression that you get SSR, and Locality. Any info would be great. Thanks.
 

meanjoe

Trusted Member
Apr 23, 2011
490
6
18
You either get SSR or locality you do not get both. You do get an additional 5% premium for being atc though which is nice.
 

Wrooster

Junior Member
Jun 22, 2008
130
1
18
It works like this, DOD takes the locality from the 25% SSR, so lets say locality where you work is 15% you will get an additional 10 % SSR for a total of 25%. If you happen to live in a place where the locality is greater than 25 % you will get locality only no SSR.