St. Cloud, MN

ATCMarine84

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2009
Home of the Packers!!
Been away for while ladies and gents but I'm officially on Terminal Leave and I just got the word I start at St. Cloud, MN on Dec. 13th!! Anyone in the area or anyone been in that area? places to see, visit, eat at, you know the drill. I'm thrilled considering home is only 6 hours away in Green Bay and it's the perfect spot to be waiting the FAA game.

Battani22

Trusted Contributor
Apr 6, 2009
Minnesota
It's about an hour drive outside Minneapolis. I personally think it's a nice city. Pretty big college town for the state. I haven't heard much crime there, it has everything you need with restaurants/bars, entertainment, shopping and outdoor activities. Although, they don't really have any upscale rstaurants if you are looking for any, (just go to Maple Grove or even MPLS) just your basic chains Applebees, Fridays, Olive Garden ect...You will need to go to some Huskie hockey games, those are always a good time. Especially when the Gophers are in town! It's been continually growing and expanding. Not sure where you are originally from, but be prepared for some frigid weather coming up. Summers are awesome in Minnesota (except they only last 3 months). I couldn't help you with where to live in St Cloud, but I don't think there are really any dangerous/bad areas to look out for.

daveozzie999

Aug 15, 2009
MRY
I'm going to be leaving St. Cloud to head to California it is sounding like since I got selected out there. I did my pilot training at KSTC and dealt with the controllers up there. I toured the tower a couple times. The manager there (if still Shawn Howren or whatever) really sucks at controlling AND being a good human being. The city is ok though it'll get old fast. The previous poster is correct. I graduated from St. Cloud State University and Husky hockey games are intense since they are a good Division 1 team. If you want any details in particular ask since I currently live there! When I saw this forum post I was pretty surprised!

PS. Battani22 where are you from? I've seen you post on this forum. Are you a CTI grad?

ATCMarine84

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2009
Home of the Packers!!
Daveozzie, it's not Shawn any longer so that should help and as far as st. cloud goes... I've been in 29 Palms, CA for the past 2 years so st. cloud will be a paradise!

daveozzie999

Aug 15, 2009
MRY
Hahahaha good point about Husky hockey. I'm very glad to hear Shawn is gone. Had you heard about her or something that you know she's gone? Lol. ........I don't understand how she had that job.