St. Thomas Tower - STT

ATCMarine84

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2009
Home of the Packers!!
Well, got the word a few days ago and after speaking heavily with our families my wife and I are going to be moving to St. Thomas. For anyone interested I've spoke to a few people that work there plus the manager multiple times. A 2 bed condo which is this standard is 800 EVERY paycheck and it's taken out before taxes apparently. I'll be moving from a lvl 7 and saving pay. No state tax plus a 13% cola raise. We have a 1 year old and are looking at it like a once in a lifetime opportunity that not many people get. Looks like we'll be headed down in September. The condos can be found online and look incredible. That 800 each paycheck does include all utilities. I'm sure once we get down there I'll be sure to keep anyone else interested in going there posted with more information.

r9s

Newcomer
Dec 26, 2010
did you make it to STT? what do you think of the island and the facility?

RomeoNovember

Senior Analyst
Sep 26, 2009
USA
STT is looking for 4 new controllers. ERR list will be pulled soon. Let me know if you have any questions.

RomeoNovember

Senior Analyst
Sep 26, 2009
USA
After cola, loc, and base we clear about 80k a year. I pay 725 a pay check for housing, all 26, its worth every penny, includes all utilites! If you like to drink and go to the beach or boating, this is the place to be. I would not recommend coming here with children, I have 2 and it's the only reason I'm leaving. The schools here are not so good and private school cost about 8-10k a year!

JamesEarlJones

Jan 9, 2014
After cola, loc, and base we clear about 80k a year. I pay 725 a pay check for housing, all 26, its worth every penny, includes all utilites! If you like to drink and go to the beach or boating, this is the place to be. I would not recommend coming here with children, I have 2 and it's the only reason I'm leaving. The schools here are not so good and private school cost about 8-10k a year!

Have you been picked up somewhere...

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
After cola, loc, and base we clear about 80k a year.
Damn dude what's your COLA? I'm 2 levels above and that's what I'm making lol. PS we better be grabbing beers when you're over here in April, MO said she'll grab some drinks, too. I want to come over there so bad but these student loan payments are killing me, I'm dropping like $1200 a month on loans (minimum) and Cape Air is expensive as hell.

PS a guy in my Academy class went to MYR, let me know if you want I can put you in touch with him.

Boats and Hoes, Boats and Hoes...
The Nina, the Pinta, the Santa Maria, I'll do ya in the bottom while I'm drinking sangria

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
Damn dude what's your COLA? I'm 2 levels above and that's what I'm making lol. PS we better be grabbing beers when you're over here in April, MO said she'll grab some drinks, too. I want to come over there so bad but these student loan payments are killing me, I'm dropping like $1200 a month on loans (minimum) and Cape Air is expensive as hell.

PS a guy in my Academy class went to MYR, let me know if you want I can put you in touch with him.

The Nina, the Pinta, the Santa Maria, I'll do ya in the bottom while I'm drinking sangria
How much is a Cape Air flight down there? In Montana they were EAS so every flight was $50 each way. If I had a reason to go from Billings to their satellite fields that's the way to go. Most of the Montana crew moved down there in December.
I'd talk with KAP317 and 723 quite a bit on frequency, really nice group.

Josh

Jan 3, 2011
How much is a Cape Air flight down there? In Montana they were EAS so every flight was $50 each way. If I had a reason to go from Billings to their satellite fields that's the way to go. Most of the Montana crew moved down there in December.
Most of the Montana crew was based in San Juan for the winter but was TDY'd right back to Montana. I'm their former crew scheduler ;)

Edit: I had to look up 317/723, they were a couple of my favorites! They're based in British Virgin Islands last I knew. Some of the most helpful pilots though, I miss working with all of them.

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
KAP flights are ridiculous here. ...tickets "on sale" aren't even $50 lol. You want a round-trip SJU-STT, you're looking at close to $300....for a half hour flight, tops. I have no idea how they get away with charging that. Load that 402 up with 10 people, I can't imagine fuel costing more than maybe $200 round-trip. Their profit margins must be insane, probably higher than the mainlines lol.

Their pilots are great to work with, though, very professional. Approach kills us slam-dunking them in front of jet traffic on 2 mile final but they'll give you 170 to the fence, they're great about that. They take it on the roll if you tell them to, I run squeeze plays with them all day, they're awesome. Well, the C402s at least...the BN2s are a different story lol.

I'm heading to the Academy in two weeks but i can hook you up with a buddy pass on Cape Air before I go!
Hell yeah bro! I've been trying to get out and explore the out-islands lol. We had a group of them up in the tower for a tour the other day and I just got in touch with one I found on LinkedIn that I went to school with, told her to get another big group of then and bring them up to the tower.

Last edited: