St. Thomas Tower - STT

Josh

Jan 3, 2011
KAP flights are ridiculous here. ...tickets "on sale" aren't even $50 lol. You want a round-trip SJU-STT, you're looking at close to $300....for a half hour flight, tops. I have no idea how they get away with charging that. Load that 402 up with 10 people, I can't imagine fuel costing more than maybe $200 round-trip. Their profit margins must be insane, probably higher than the mainlines lol.
Can confirm. The EIS-STT route is actually the most profitable in the whole system. The other thing too is all the EAS routes in Montana, STL, and New England are subsidized so much so we barely lose money even when the flights run empty.

Edit- not to mention our pilots are some of the lowest paid in the industry. Ramp agents make more than a first year FO. And that should say something because the rampies are also some of the lowest paid airline employees...

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
Yeah dude I know Riddle had like a pipeline program for KAP...pretty much the main reason I switched to Atc, I'm like....this is what I have to look forward to? 2 years in a C402 making less than a grocery bagger followed by 3 years in a Q400 making a little bit more than a grocery bagger followed by 5 years in an ERJ making a little bit less than a cashier? :p:p:p:p that couch lol.

But yeah KAP prices are crazy. I wonder if it's less for people who are connecting from JBU or whatever.

RomeoNovember

Senior Analyst
Sep 26, 2009
USA
Seaborne have $99 round trips and you get a Captin that sounds like he smokes 20 packs a day, I laugh every time I hear him.

Josh

Jan 3, 2011
Thought KAP were one of the better paying regionals.....
I mean if you already have an ATP you start as a captain unlike most airlines, so that's better. And you get paid by the duty hour, not flight hour. So there's tons of overtime and shift incentives since we are so short on pilots. They get a $100 bonus for picking up a shift and after you pick up ten shifts in one incentive period, you get a straight $1,000 bonus. So if you're motivated and work hard, you can make a ton of money. But if you're a low time FO it's garbage.

rodanthe2

Rookie
Apr 15, 2014
he's new. i talk to him on the radar when he climbs above 10.5 and goes to TKPK or Guadalupe Sounds funny