St. Thomas Tower - STT

Eman1193

Jan 9, 2011
Wow, With The rest of the US locality and a 97 payband cap. The locality should be higher !

RomeoNovember

Senior Analyst
Sep 26, 2009
USA
Cola is amazing! It's about 20% when you figure the tax free part. I made made 90k with all incentives and OT my first full year as CPC. It's a great facility, training and people. Id say you'll take home about level 8 pay with the tax free COLA factor.

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
Cola is amazing! It's about 20% when you figure the tax free part. I made made 90k with all incentives and OT my first full year as CPC. It's a great facility, training and people. Id say you'll take home about level 8 pay with the tax free COLA factor.
Also, STT is fukken beautiful. RN was nice enough to put me and my boy up for a few nights. Lots of beautiful beaches, and its a quick ferry ride to St. John's for even more secluded beaches. Also probably 10+ islands have ferries you can take from STT, not to mention all the island-hopping flights in BN2Ps. Not a bad place to be, I'd say. It's a trade-off, same as PR....you have lots of poor-island economy bullshit to deal with and your pay isn't going to break $100k unless you're at the top of the pay band, but then again, not many people can get off work and drive 5 minutes to world-class beaches and sip on mojitos, either.

FL_CTI

Trusted Member
Oct 8, 2009
Colorado
How did you get so much OT? I think I got held over once while I was there.The majority of my OT was staying an extra 30 minutes for AAL.

RomeoNovember

Senior Analyst
Sep 26, 2009
USA
How did you get so much OT? I think I got held over once while I was there.The majority of my OT was staying an extra 30 minutes for AAL.
I had about 60-80 hours of OT and worked at least 3 closers.

Just a side question, will we get back pay for not getting CIC when we was the only person at the tower?

RomeoNovember

Senior Analyst
Sep 26, 2009
USA
Also, STT is fukken beautiful. RN was nice enough to put me and my boy up for a few nights. Lots of beautiful beaches, and its a quick ferry ride to St. John's for even more secluded beaches. Also probably 10+ islands have ferries you can take from STT, not to mention all the island-hopping flights in BN2Ps. Not a bad place to be, I'd say. It's a trade-off, same as PR....you have lots of poor-island economy bullshit to deal with and your pay isn't going to break $100k unless you're at the top of the pay band, but then again, not many people can get off work and drive 5 minutes to world-class beaches and sip on mojitos, either.
I can't wait to FAM to JFK, bro! Did you find a place?

FL_CTI

Trusted Member
Oct 8, 2009
Colorado
I had about 60-80 hours of OT and worked at least 3 closers.

Just a side question, will we get back pay for not getting CIC when we was the only person at the tower?
Damn. Lucky bastard. You must have been pretty short staffed for that OT. Wish we had that problem when I was there. To answer your other question, I don't remember seeing anything in the contract that would provide us backpay, so my guess is no, we will not be seeing that.

RomeoNovember

Senior Analyst
Sep 26, 2009
USA
Damn. Lucky bastard. You must have been pretty short staffed for that OT. Wish we had that problem when I was there. To answer your other question, I don't remember seeing anything in the contract that would provide us backpay, so my guess is no, we will not be seeing that.
You did see its a new requirement to get CIC after everyone leaves?

FL_CTI

Trusted Member
Oct 8, 2009
Colorado
I did. But contracts aren't usually retroactive like that. I didn't see anything that would indicate we get all that back pay

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

RomeoNovember

Senior Analyst
Sep 26, 2009
USA
I did. But contracts aren't usually retroactive like that. I didn't see anything that would indicate we get all that back pay

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Is this something we should grieve as a facility? Do you think we have a chance of winning?

FL_CTI

Trusted Member
Oct 8, 2009
Colorado
Is this something we should grieve as a facility? Do you think we have a chance of winning?
Unfortunately,I don't think we have a chance of winning. Unless precident has been established in the past, which it might have before we got in the Agency, this won't make it to arbitration. Unless NATCA can prove a breach of contract has taken place, there is virutally no chance of winning this case.

RomeoNovember

Senior Analyst
Sep 26, 2009
USA
Unfortunately,I don't think we have a chance of winning. Unless precident has been established in the past, which it might have before we got in the Agency, this won't make it to arbitration. Unless NATCA can prove a breach of contract has taken place, there is virutally no chance of winning this case.
Cool, just thought I'd ask. I thought it was shady we was closing the tower alone, without getting paid extra.

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
Cool, just thought I'd ask. I thought it was shady we was closing the tower alone, without getting paid extra.
Dude I make like $40 a paycheck on CPC pay. It's probably not even worth the hassle. Someone at SJU accidentally got put on OS instead of CIC for a few hours and he's on CruArts poring over weeks of TOP reports. He probably spent 2 hours of his time recovering 30 hours of CIC time over the course of a few months that probably netted him like $30 after taxes. Not worth my time, to me at least. I mean yeah it should be done right the first time but a hundred or so hours of 10% isnt worth kicking up a big pile of dogshit, especially whole you're training.

unable87

Newcomer
May 20, 2014
Hey, i am just wondering what the staffing is like at STT? Is it possible to get picked up there?