Stall Pattern

C

charliezuluatc

I have searched for the at sat stuff. I was wanting to see if someone replicated the cognitive portion.
I am sure hr is getting blasted with complaints more than anything. I am sure that if a reinstatement person puts in they will most likely export them and place them where they have recieved academy training. The FAA has been trying for decades to eliminate the academy. It just never worked out.

SirMario

Senior Analyst
Apr 15, 2010
I have searched for the at sat stuff. I was wanting to see if someone replicated the cognitive portion.
I am sure hr is getting blasted with complaints more than anything. I am sure that if a reinstatement person puts in they will most likely export them and place them where they have recieved academy training. The FAA has been trying for decades to eliminate the academy. It just never worked out.
I am not sure if they created anything new... Otherwise they would still use that old cognitive portion, math and analogies...What ya think... You think they actually created something new?

C

charliezuluatc

I do not know. From what is written it sounds like a re modulated test. I took the old opm. When I got hired we went to cami and tested on a prototype for at sat.

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
I took the opm in 03 I think. I just remembered the extra credit section having questions from the 1970's that weren't even relevant anymore.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
The idea of having to test again boggles my mind. I’ve only got over 16 years of experience and over 7 CPC time. I am currently actively engaged in the separation of aircraft in my day job.

I had a real good visit at a facility yesterday. Can’t say where but the interest level in hiring me is there. They’re going to dig and see if there is another way to make it work without the bid process. If that happens and is successful, I’ll share how they made that happen for other Reinstatements to work towards.

C

charliezuluatc

Did the manager day or know anything about the potential new process?

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
Good luck. I haven't heard from hr yet, so I have no idea what the company stance is on this.

C

charliezuluatc

The job is posted. I heard the questionnaire was kinda bland. What's everyone's take on it?
The kids that are filling it out are probabling handling it as everything is a trick question.

Last edited:

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
The job is posted. The questionnaire was kinda bland. What's everyone's take on it?

I hate those kind of assessments. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p 16+ years in the field and I've worked with all kinds of controllers with varying personalities. I'm sure many of you have, too. Anything from the loud mouth in your face guy who slings airplanes with reckless abandon, to the introvert who plays his scope like a grand master at a chess match. There is an innate "get it" about this job. Everything else is bullshit in that assessment.
I am glad there was a fair bit of questions about experience. I was worried it would be literally aimed at off-the-street never-seen-no-airplane types.

Keegan

Sep 17, 2011
Houston
I hate those kind of assessments. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p 16+ years in the field and I've worked with all kinds of controllers with varying personalities. I'm sure many of you have, too. Anything from the loud mouth in your face guy who slings airplanes with reckless abandon, to the introvert who plays his scope like a grand master at a chess match. There is an innate "get it" about this job. Everything else is bullshit in that assessment.
I am glad there was a fair bit of questions about experience. I was worried it would be literally aimed at off-the-street never-seen-no-airplane types.
I agree. You plug in and go, or you don't. It's pretty simple. Questionnaires are dumb.

Good luck fellas!

C

charliezuluatc

I have not had a chance to read the full bid yet. Does it ask for SF-50s?

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
Just submitted mine. Yeah, there was one question which asks you if you were a previously licensed FPL and there was one choice that said "center" and one that said "center, fss, tracon", Im center, tracon rated but was never in fss so couldnt check that one. Mind numbing.

C

charliezuluatc

That turd has been flung at the wall. Let's hope it sticks.

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
The idea of having to test again boggles my mind. I’ve only got over 16 years of experience and over 7 CPC time. I am currently actively engaged in the separation of aircraft in my day job.

I had a real good visit at a facility yesterday. Can’t say where but the interest level in hiring me is there. They’re going to dig and see if there is another way to make it work without the bid process. If that happens and is successful, I’ll share how they made that happen for other Reinstatements to work towards.
Any digging pay off yet?