Stall Pattern

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
I just hope they look at actual radar (especially high level radar) experience first and foremost then hire and place accordingly.

C

charliezuluatc

So has anyone applying for the mega bid been rejected yet?

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
Me. But I've maybe got some information on another hiring avenue but until i get better info from the region I'm not sure how it'll play. Actually got my congressman involved and they got some traction from the FAA legislative office. Got an email back from them like half an hour after I saw the "ineligible" rating at aviator.

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
Dude Jamis can't believe that shit. How can they not hire a prior CPC? Their stupid automation bullshit, they're just like any other company now...I love the 5000 automated rejection s dished out before my resume ever saw human eyes and now the FAA just became one of those...

C

charliezuluatc

Hey, like I posted before, something does not seem right. Sit back, relax and give it a few days.

C

charliezuluatc

I am gonna sit back, relax and have another helping of whiskey. While I watch everyone ransack the place in pandonium.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
We'll see how it plays out, but if I am able to open another door I'm going through it anyways.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
Dude Jamis can't believe that shit. How can they not hire a prior CPC? Their stupid automation bullshit, they're just like any other company now...I love the 5000 automated rejection s dished out before my resume ever saw human eyes and now the FAA just became one of those...
Color me unsurprised, really. It's the new order with the FAA.

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
Rejected as well, eight years high level radar experience including at FAA level 12 facility, even had recommendation letters including one from an FLM attached to resume package, rejected on BQ.....rejected before selection lists means I can't reapply until another bid comes out. I mean I never felt entitled like I HAD to be hired but I am a little puzzled how I didn't make a selection list. I have more radar experience than 99 percent of the people applying and Im only 31!!

C

charliezuluatc

I think they ran a query based on certain criterion. From experience, everyone that applied is still in the game until they get their official reject letter. Given the scope of the bid and amount of people that applied, there will be several queries and several rounds of pandemonium.
I made sure to double check my spelling of pandemonium.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
No I think they plugged things into the BQ that really have nothing to do with ATC, except according to some psychologist who's never talked to a :p:p:p:p:p:p:p airplane in his life. If you failed enough of those answers, you failed.
This whole thing is fucked.

C

charliezuluatc

Has anyone contacted hr on why they been reject and is their going to be future revised queries?

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
I'm working some other angles as hard as I can. My gig is ok, good money anyways. Company is making noise about reducing staffing by one, which would mean me.

Jjhall1980

Newcomer
Feb 28, 2014
Anyone know anyone in Colorado Dod? Think I'm done with FAA and just wanna get home, current Dod 10 years experience 5 ctos and 5 preference points, trying to network my home haha

C

charliezuluatc

So us here at a Z facility have been enjoying these testimonials of the first query of candidates. After reading, laughing and sympathizing with some, have come to the following conclusion.
This has relavence to how the agency works.

How do we not know that this first query is not from the bottom of the percentile, and that the agency is is starting from the bottom and moving to the top of the percentile? It would produce a smaller group. From their easier to eliminate.
I have seen the agency run a test on equipment knowing the test would fail. They knew that an update to be applied after the test would correct the issues that would come up in the test.
All my government experience has taught me, has come to the conclusion that they are starting at the bottom of the pile and moving upward.
Since no one has recieved a response of you have not been selected, the candidate list is still open. I believe there will be future queries moving up the percentile. The bottom percentile logically would have what would be considered the least qualified and the top would have the most qualified.
HR would never admit to this.