Stall Pattern

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
I would love for something like this to happen and burst the bubble of all the dingbats gloating about taking kindergarten test as next step.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
Doubt it. At most, they'll have another bid in a few months. More than likely they won't admit the whole thing was fucked out the gate, put 400-500 trainees in the pipe when they need 1500, and pretend it was a success.

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
May just stay where I am. This whole thing reminds me of all the crap that went on during IWRs. I find this to be a slap in the face to the controllers who are sitting at grossly understaffed facilities and seems like a lack of acknowledgement on the FAAs part of the upcoming staffing crisis that is about to go down. Were just finishing up training the last wave of noobs here and staffing is good again. Can at least get spot leave whenever I want it. They have no choice but to put out many more bids. Theyre only going to get about a years worth of their quota of successful trainees off this bid compared to what they really need.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
Okay so I was sent on a wild goose chase by the Legislative Office in DC. They had old information.
That said, I've been emailing with my Congressman's office. The staffer I'm dealing with has been very receptive to the fact that the FAA is passing up heavily qualified former employees in its hiring process. I don't know where it will go in the end, but I laid the entire process open in my last email, how the joke that is the BQ has disqualified a large number of very qualified candidates from the application process, including former CPC's.
I'm not holding my breath at all anymore. Answers would be good, but I doubt I'll ever even get that. We'll see how or when the FAA does another round of hiring, but if it's 12-18 months then that's probably my last honest shot at it. It's frustrating to say the least.

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah that thing that the legislative office told you sounded a little strange. Never heard of that ever being done that way. Would have been almost too easy.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
It's how it used to be. I met a female controller at I90 who took almost 15 years off before coming back and that's how she got rehired.
When I left the agency it was that way, I know because I checked. I was shocked when I had people telling me otherwise. The legislative email was a glimmer of hope.

C

charliezuluatc

Has anyone on here, disqualified under the biographical questionnaire. Did you also happen to attach sf 50 or any other supporting documents?
On another note, we all know that even if the agency fubar'ed the selection list they will never admit it. It has not officially been said, however they will run the current candidates through the process. Make their selections. They will close out the bid, then soon there after, time unknown, a new bid will come out.

C

charliezuluatc

You will soon hear on other forums a new bid coming out soon.

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
I honestly don't care about being turned away at this point but I would really be curious as to what dq'ed me on this thing.

TEKYLLA

Nov 14, 2008
NC
Anyone know anyone in Colorado Dod? Think I'm done with FAA and just wanna get home, current Dod 10 years experience 5 ctos and 5 preference points, trying to network my home haha
Air Force Academy is DoD...good luck. People go there and NEVER leave! I was there active duty and been trying to get back since. I talk to the ATM a couple times a year, he doesnt project anything for at least 2 years...

C

charliezuluatc

Anyone here that wants to be reinstated, are you going to reapply when the next all sources bid comes out?

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
Really just depends on how long they actually wait before putting out the next application process.

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
I wonder if you get picked up on all sources bid if you would have to attend academy again.

C

charliezuluatc

I think that they will send you to the academy only if they select you for an option if you have not been to the academy for it. If you been there for en route and picked up for en route, then no academy. If you were only en route academy then go to a tower then yes, you will attend. It kinda falls under an article of the natca contract.