Stall Pattern

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
I think that they will send you to the academy only if they select you for an option if you have not been to the academy for it. If you been there for en route and picked up for en route, then no academy. If you were only en route academy then go to a tower then yes, you will attend. It kinda falls under an article of the natca contract.
Gotta look at red book again. Could only find part on pay. Maybe I'm just a greedy bastard.

C

charliezuluatc

It does not say it that way per say, however based on past and current practice with previous reinstatements.

Rainy

Rookie
Feb 15, 2014
Re: Reinstatement Bid

Article 108, 4-E-2

E. A Re-entrant into the Terminal/En Route Option:

2. Developmental Air Traffic Controller Re-entrant: An individual who is not currently employed as an Air Traffic Controller by the Agency, but was previously a developmental controller in the Agency, is not required to attend the FAA Academy and is placed directly into a terminal/en route facility.

• For all developmental re-entrants that have been separated for more than one (1) year, the starting salary will be set at the Academy Graduate pay band.

• Former developmental controllers that have been rehired within one (1) year after voluntarily leaving the Agency will have their pay set at the minimum of the equivalent developmental stage prior to leaving.

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah I didnt remember anybody (especially former fpl status) rehires that had to go to academy. I knew a women on here who was cpc at zdc and reinstated to pct and she didnt go to academy.

LIVE4ATC

Newcomer
Jan 22, 2014
Re: Reinstatement Bid

Article 108, 4-E-2

E. A Re-entrant into the Terminal/En Route Option:

2. Developmental Air Traffic Controller Re-entrant: An individual who is not currently employed as an Air Traffic Controller by the Agency, but was previously a developmental controller in the Agency, is not required to attend the FAA Academy and is placed directly into a terminal/en route facility.

• For all developmental re-entrants that have been separated for more than one (1) year, the starting salary will be set at the Academy Graduate pay band.

• Former developmental controllers that have been rehired within one (1) year after voluntarily leaving the Agency will have their pay set at the minimum of the equivalent developmental stage prior to leaving.
This confuses me because it says reinstatement which I though you need to be in for 52 weeks and/or CPC, but #2 says developmental so you don't need to be in for 52 weeks and/or a CPC? Which one is it then? Do we have to attend the academy?

Rainy

Rookie
Feb 15, 2014
This confuses me because it says reinstatement which I though you need to be in for 52 weeks and/or CPC, but #2 says developmental so you don't need to be in for 52 weeks and/or a CPC? Which one is it then? Do we have to attend the academy?
Not sure but you can have 52 weeks (or more) and still be a developmental. The timeframe isn't indicative of developmental status, if that's what you're asking.

NovaZDC

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2009
I think this covers what the reentrant has to do as far as academy and gets as far as pay. I don't think it shows how one is qualified to be a reinstatement or not. Im pretty sure you need 52 weeks of 2152 employment or you gotta do the whole shabang over again. Of course no matter what your experience level is, it seems like you have about a 10% chance of getting your resume looked at anyway.