Successful Appeal After Disqualification for Personality Disorder

Slinky

Newcomer
Jul 31, 2019
Has there been anybody who successfully appealed, and has been/is employed with the FAA, after being disqualified for a personality disorder? I was Tier 2'd and then disqualified for personality traits with a possible personality disorder. I am in the appeal process and they want me to take another evaluation that's pretty expensive. I am looking to see if there's been any success with the appeals before I spend that type of money.

unrealcatch

Newcomer
May 17, 2013
Would you guys mind sharing how exactly they came to this decision? I had recently just went through the tier 2 process. Luckily without any issue but, the whole process appeared like it was just luck of the draw on what doctor saw you. For instance, my doctor kept referring back to my hyperhidrosis in my medical file and saying I may have anxiety or a light social anxiety. I had to constantly tell him I did not have social anxiety and even tried to show him pictures of me out with a large group just that week. The reason I ask this is because I feel like with a lot of these "diagnosis's" these tier 2 physiologists turn in have little to no substantiated evidence.
Good Luck!

Slinky

Newcomer
Jul 31, 2019
Exact same thing happened to me. I appealed it and won and now I'm a CPC. From what I remember, there's actually a higher chance for success than failure on an appeal.
Would you mind telling me the process you went through? What test did you take when you appealed it? How long did it take?

Slinky

Newcomer
Jul 31, 2019
Would you guys mind sharing how exactly they came to this decision? I had recently just went through the tier 2 process. Luckily without any issue but, the whole process appeared like it was just luck of the draw on what doctor saw you. For instance, my doctor kept referring back to my hyperhidrosis in my medical file and saying I may have anxiety or a light social anxiety. I had to constantly tell him I did not have social anxiety and even tried to show him pictures of me out with a large group just that week. The reason I ask this is because I feel like with a lot of these "diagnosis's" these tier 2 physiologists turn in have little to no substantiated evidence.
Good Luck!
I honestly have no idea how they came to that conclusion. I was shocked. I know some of the questions on the MMPI-2 threw me off due to double negatives and words I didn’t know but I didn’t think that would equal a personality disorder. Once I met with the psych to discuss my results, he told me everything looked great. And here I am.. Going through an appeal.