Suggestions thread

luna75

I am THE Pocket Ninja
Jun 18, 2008
farmingdale ny
figured i'd start this and the admins can make it a sticky....

i suggested an interactive housing map and i'd like to start a member of the month thread...every month i'd "interview" a stuckmic member to see what makes them tick...or whats makes them just plain crazy....lol..

Reactions: Rosstafari

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 11, 2008
With the housing maps...you can kind of do that already via the pinpoint map on the housing reviews...there are two maps...check it out and see if that is similar to what you looking for.

Also with the member of the month, that is fine if you would like to gather the information together and do that. Where would you like to see this information on the website? In a forum or somewhere else.

Thanks for the suggestions!

luna75

I am THE Pocket Ninja
Jun 18, 2008
farmingdale ny
With the housing maps...you can kind of do that already via the pinpoint map on the housing reviews...there are two maps...check it out and see if that is similar to what you looking for.

Also with the member of the month, that is fine if you would like to gather the information together and do that. Where would you like to see this information on the website? In a forum or somewhere else.

Thanks for the suggestions!
under stuckmic information or the general discussion forum? where do you think it would be better? and before i do anything, I will email you what I am going to ask and have you approve it first, review/make changes etc...

luna75

I am THE Pocket Ninja
Jun 18, 2008
farmingdale ny
Do Boomer first. I want to see what's under the hood.
lmao... i was thinking that too....i should post a thread about who does everyone want me to interview....i was going to ask LG 1st...well b/c this is his site and all of course...lol... but yes boomer is on the list....and so are you...mwahahaahahahaha!!.....:reddevil:

MonsieurCthulhu

Newcomer
May 25, 2011
S56-land
Suggestions, eh? Well, I notice that ya'll had a chatroom, but that it was down...I don't think it would be hard to get an IRC chat going (Finally, a non-aviation acronym!) and we could use it as a live chat, but that's just me...I can build one in a few minutes, just let me know if you want to do this or something?

eltors0

The Grog Man
Jun 25, 2011
OH
The new hire page needs to have its own button or banner in bold at the top of the site splash page. As of right now it is buried under the articles tab.

GS3k

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2013
Suggestions, eh? Well, I notice that ya'll had a chatroom, but that it was down...I don't think it would be hard to get an IRC chat going (Finally, a non-aviation acronym!) and we could use it as a live chat, but that's just me...I can build one in a few minutes, just let me know if you want to do this or something?
I don't think many people would know about I.R.C. Cthuhlhu.

nis350ztt

Feb 25, 2016
Signatures would really help with the usability of the site. Being able to list (text-only) your dates of the hiring process (I see people constantly having to repost this when asked questions), example:

TOL: 2/24
CIL: 3/4
MMPI: 3/7
FOL: 3/15

cgaub

Jan 23, 2017
Indiana
I tried to set up a signature for that very reason the other day but apparently you need permissions or something... seemed goofy to me

nis350ztt

Feb 25, 2016
Signatures require one of the paid memberships, which I think is stupid but I don't make the rules

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, signatures are just a part of forums. I could see putting a character limit or not permitting images.

cgaub

Jan 23, 2017
Indiana
I guess if I really cared that much I could change my avatar thingy to a little jpeg with basic dates on it:

TOL 3/2
CIL 3/17
MMPI 3/21

etc.

typhoon5150

Oct 8, 2012
I think a housing at faciliteis too, a lot of guys at our approach have places they rent to trainees