Swiss ATC (Skyguide)

TravisTroll

Rookie
Nov 23, 2012
Curious about ATC in Switzerland,

How does Skyguide pay in comparison to the FAA? From what I understand Switzerland is super expensive, are employees paid locality to compensate.

Do FAA qualifications hold any value with them?

Any info is nice.

thanks.

kkolberga

May 23, 2012
Pretty sure to do ATC anywhere in Europe you need to home citizenship of an EU member nation.
Yes thats right, also while english is main language of ATC many european countries (except EUROCONTROL in Masstricht and maybe a few others) require you to know the native language as well.

Pete

Trusted Member
Sep 9, 2008
Skyguide is hiring only new controllers right now, no direct entry. They also want German / French abilities as local VFR, ARFF units, Ops vehicles are spoken to in those languages.

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
They're making a movie about that starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, no joke.
Hmmmm...is he gonna be the controller, or the guy who kills the controller? I really hope he's the controller.

"Traffic 3 mile final, no delay on the roll, runway 31L cleared for takeoffWHAT ARE YOU DOING, STAHT YOUR ROLL DO IT NOW, GET OFF OF ZE RUNWAY, I NEED YOU AIRBOHNE!"

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
Hmmmm...is he gonna be the controller, or the guy who kills the controller? I really hope he's the controller.

"Traffic 3 mile final, no delay on the roll, runway 31L cleared for takeoffWHAT ARE YOU DOING, STAHT YOUR ROLL DO IT NOW, GET OFF OF ZE RUNWAY, I NEED YOU AIRBOHNE!"
haste la vista, Acey