Taking a Car to the Academy?

DKT523

Nov 1, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I know while we're there free time will be at a minimum, but not being able to wrench on cars and such is going to be such a buzzkill for a few months! Hopefully the local scene is pretty sweet. It will be nice to see a different assortment of cars then the same ones I always see up here. Someone told me there's a couple drag strips down there, but I haven't found any Auto-X.

Youre right about the free time. But still, its just easier for me to get along with car guys lol. I don't have any fun cars anymore, but my B5.5 passat is still a maintenance :p:p:p:p:p. <--- i guess i can't say the word for someone who gets paid for sexual favors

I wanna catch the Street Outlaws actors out somewhere, just to say I've seen them. Even though thats the most staged show ever

nhstadt

Epic Member
Mar 24, 2011
south "Murica
I know while we're there free time will be at a minimum, but not being able to wrench on cars and such is going to be such a buzzkill for a few months! Hopefully the local scene is pretty sweet. It will be nice to see a different assortment of cars then the same ones I always see up here. Someone told me there's a couple drag strips down there, but I haven't found any Auto-X.
Thunder Valley just south of Norman.... Awesome times on test and tune night.

Avalon

Newcomer
Nov 10, 2020
Because of the online lectures, you can't brag about the new pickup at all :(

caplimilan

Newcomer
Jul 16, 2021
Everyone has a different opinion. I dare say mine, too. Yes, you should take the car. Heh, I can see this hasn't been a relevant question for a while now, but is there anyone here who has wondered the same question now? I would definitely take the car with me because it's so much faster and more convenient. Of course, there are nuances, but there are clearly fewer disadvantages than advantages. Have you made up your mind yet? Tell us about your experience. On such a long trip, you just need to add https://www.moneyexpert.com/car-insurance/fully-comprehensive-car-insurance/ to your list of things, too, to make sure you're safe. This is precisely what I would do.