Tampa - TPA

ATChick

Newcomer
May 23, 2009
Any info on this up/down facility? Any new applicants with TOLs? Anyone who works there know if they are hiring?

stingercj7

Newcomer
Dec 1, 2008
I work across the state but all I have ever heard is that TPA has terrible natca/managment relations. It's a busy busy level 10 up/down. I wish I was there though.

ufgators

Newcomer
Dec 13, 2008
FL
anyone got any contact info for TPA?

Thanks, trying to do a little networking before panels.
I went on the TPA airport website and got a phone number for the airport itself. I figure they would be able to give me the number to the facility. I don't have the # on me right now but you can find on the TPA airport website I believe.

NoGyro

Aug 6, 2008
Looks like this thread hasn't been updated in a while... what's the word on TPA?

Have heard that it is a level 10 now... can anyone confirm?

What is the traffic like? Busy 10, or slow 10?

Definitely would like to hear anyone's insight on the facility.

JoshATC

Epic Member
Jun 27, 2010
ZLA CPC
Still a Lvl 10 up/down
56 CPCs on board and thier CPC range allotted is 47-58
1 CPC released
0 CPC eligible to retire
10 Devs in training
15 managers
2 Admin

8 operating tower positions
22 operating tracon positions

Manager : LZ
District manager: JF
District: South Florida
Phone: 813-371-7700

Source: terminalapps.faa.gov

DaytonaJoe

Newcomer
Jun 5, 2009
I'm also interested in TPA. I'm a cpc at a lvl 7 (was downgraded from an 8 recently) up-down. Do people there seem happy compared to other places? Is the relationship between controllers and management as bad as people in previous posts made it out to be? In general what is the operation like? Complicated, simple but high volume, or what?

Also, as a cpc what are my chances of successfully ERRing into TPA?

Thanks!

h2laatc

Oct 28, 2009
I toured TPA about 8 months ago, The tower was staffed by mostly under 30 somethings around mid day during a week day, the layout, approach, and visual spectrum of the tower seemed great, the airspace I saw in the tracon seemed as if it was set up to just "work", it made a ton of sense. Seemed like a good overall vibe.

lookitsroadie

Trusted Member
May 30, 2012
www.last.fm
I'm attempting to have a tour done while I'm on leave for the holidays. Called the manager's phone number but, alas, I was unable to leave a call-back number as I am on the ship still. Perhaps she'll email me back since I left that in place? :D

lidy

Newcomer
Jan 22, 2009
Miami, Fl
Hi, im a CPC at ZOA and was looking to go back home to Florida, im looking in anyone that can swap with me from in the at area. I have over a year CPC