Terminal JAN-MAR 2015

Kilo Juliett

Rookie
Mar 23, 2014
This is for Terminal Selects for January-March 2015.

We should be next in line to receive the rest of the paperwork for our TOL. Let's keep each other informed.

ClearanceClarence

Trusted Contributor
May 24, 2014
This is for Terminal Selects for January-March 2015.

We should be next in line to receive our full TOL. Lets keep each other informed.
Good call... everyone else has their own thread haha....

From my understanding there will be no additional "full" TOL... the acceptance letter we signed constitutes as accepting the tentative offer... next communication will just be "hey your group is going to begin medical psych sec clearances etc..." Signing the acceptance letter secures your spot in the hiring line as well as locks in your age...

Kilo Juliett

Rookie
Mar 23, 2014
Good call... everyone else has their own thread haha....
haha yeah I was waiting for someone to start one but no one ever did.

From my understanding there will be no additional "full" TOL... the acceptance letter we signed constitutes as accepting the tentative offer... next communication will just be "hey your group is going to begin medical psych sec clearances etc..." Signing the acceptance letter secures your spot in the hiring line as well as locks in your age...
By full TOL I meant the rest of the paperwork.

I edited the OP.

FlyAway26

Mar 20, 2014
HR says no... a few, including myself have asked...
Can confirm. Someone posted on here they were told to ask their HR Rep about switching as they may be able to do that. Spoke directly to my rep and the answer was no, what was decided by the ATO is set and final.

Aviatress08

Newcomer
Feb 28, 2014
Has anyone asked HR yet if this pre TOL freezes your age? I assume that it does but I'd like to be sure since I turn 31 this year...

CitationX

Rookie
Jul 16, 2013
Glad to see someone made this thread. Can't wait to get to the next step already! On a side note, seems like there aren't too many of us terminal selected peeps for this timeframe.

Kilo Juliett

Rookie
Mar 23, 2014
Glad to see someone made this thread. Can't wait to get to the next step already! On a side note, seems like there aren't too many of us terminal selected peeps for this timeframe.
I'm sure there are the same amount for each timeframe. It probably seems like it because there are more people that are active on SM in the other timeframes.

Krista

Rookie
Mar 21, 2014
I called HR about acknowledgement for out pre-TOLs and was told too many went out all at once and there would likely not be any further communication until our TOL PAPERWORK comes to us-emphasis mine :) I also asked if all of FEB bid was in 4 groups that coincided with 4 quarters of FY15 and she said yes. She added (without prompting from me) the pre-TOL was to give everyone a basic idea of what to expect and to lock in age as they are aware that there are many who have this concern. I, too, am In the JAN-MAR terminal timeframe. Thankfully, terminal is my preference as I worked at a level 7 up/down for many years before resigning. I am very excited to have the opportunity to finish my career-assuming all goes well :)

Krista

Rookie
Mar 21, 2014
Thx for sharing... any luck getting info on possible academy waivers for this bid?
I asked that question as well, and to the best of her knowledge, nothing different than what we have heard from group 1. There is an opt-out for basics, but not for follow-on. Also, it will be competitive for facility selection after basics and follow on.

ClearanceClarence

Trusted Contributor
May 24, 2014
I asked that question as well, and to the best of her knowledge, nothing different than what we have heard from group 1. There is an opt-out for basics, but not for follow-on. Also, it will be competitive for facility selection after basics and follow on.
I wonder if they will let you choose from a national data base of available facilities and each class can cherry pick from that... or if they'll just say "hey there's 18 people in this class here's 18 random facilities for you to choose from if you pass".... I hope it's a larger pool of choices because frankly not everyone is going to pass... so if they assign 18 facilities and 6 people wash every class... then not only does that leave understaffed facilities short... but also the "better" facilities are going to get always picked and the lesser desired facilities (read as: black jellybeans) get thrown back in the bowl... likely to just be reassigned to another class... not filled... and then once more thrown back in the bowl... rinse.repeat.

Anywho... we will see what happens in the next 6 months with the first round of guinea pigs...

Krista

Rookie
Mar 21, 2014
It will certainly be interesting to see "where these chips fall". Keep in mind what applies to group one, may or may not apply to the following groups. The FAA could decide they didn't like what happened in the first quarter and change the plan for facility assignments. I know it's hard to believe the FAA might change its mind, but it has been known to happen :)

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
I remember someone (an FAA employee) saying how they plan on doing the classes as regions (cst/est/pst) and that will decide on the list of facilities available. It will be interesting to see how they do PR and V.I.'s though. Also, people are assigned understaffed facilities now that fail at the academy, so I'm sure they'll find a way to get the proper staffing if it turns into a "black jellybean" facility. You have to remember, someones trash is another mans treasure. A facility you might think is the worst ever could be where someone would like to go and retire.

ClearanceClarence

Trusted Contributor
May 24, 2014
I remember someone (an FAA employee) saying how they plan on doing the classes as regions (cst/est/pst) and that will decide on the list of facilities available. It will be interesting to see how they do PR and V.I.'s though. Also, people are assigned understaffed facilities now that fail at the academy, so I'm sure they'll find a way to get the proper staffing if it turns into a "black jellybean" facility. You have to remember, someones trash is another mans treasure. A facility you might think is the worst ever could be where someone would like to go and retire.
Regional classes would be a good thing... but that seems like an awfully difficult variable to accomodate when it comes to filling classes... and yes some people want the black jelly bean haha so if you keep it in the bigger bowl as opposed to a hand picked smaller bowl you are more likely to find someone to take it... but again all speculation at this point...