The FAA May Have Broken the Public’s Trust

AT0991

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2013
Cti kids: I want to get hired by your company... How dare you not hire me I'm going to sue you to make you hire me.

AK02

Apr 8, 2012
Well if that wasn't a huge waste of 20min, good lord.. The whole "the skies aren't safe now" argument is the funniest shit ever.

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
While a large part of the segment was about hiring OTS over CTI/VRA (there was at least one veteran on the panel of students) I think the bigger issue that they brought up was the cheating. The fact that Mr. Snow (was that his name?) emailed out answers he believed to be correct to only select group... The fact that he emailed them out at all! I know little to nothing about NCBFAE but I doubt the FAA has the ability to get him fired.

mbtamt

Newcomer
Feb 9, 2010
How did NBCFAE get the answer? Some body needs to be fired and put in jail.I guess this is what the President meant by you didn't earn it some body else helped you.

Off-The-Street

Newcomer
May 20, 2015
While a large part of the segment was about hiring OTS over CTI/VRA (there was at least one veteran on the panel of students) I think the bigger issue that they brought up was the cheating. The fact that Mr. Snow (was that his name?) emailed out answers he believed to be correct to only select group... The fact that he emailed them out at all! I know little to nothing about NCBFAE but I doubt the FAA has the ability to get him fired.
he works for the FAA

Hanover

Newcomer
May 10, 2015
Yea that's the guy. Love the confidence some of you guys are throwing around on here! The NBCFAE absolutely is in bed with FAA HR. Some of their members are HR. The NBCFAE has been at it long before this made news. They also have instructed their membership in the past to put specific indicators into their resumes to key in their screeners to move them arbitrarily past first phase. They have even advised their membership to place contact emails on their resumes that would clearly indicate they were African American.

I'm not going to argue over whether OTS VRA CTI make better controllers. In the long run, it hasn't mattered too much. But when you are pooling from initial candidates there is no argument to be had. You are going to pick the people that have invested their time and money into preparing. That is unless you really don't really give a crap or have a personal connection to other candidates. Fact is though, nothing on this forum matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GulfCharlie

Epic Member
Sep 1, 2011
Yea that's the guy. Love the confidence some of you guys are throwing around on here! The NBCFAE absolutely is in bed with FAA HR. Some of their members are HR. The NBCFAE has been at it long before this made news. They also have instructed their membership in the past to put specific indicators into their resumes to key in their screeners to move them arbitrarily past first phase. They have even advised their membership to place contact emails on their resumes that would clearly indicate they were African American.
This is the part that bothers me. Everyone agrees the test is bonkers, not touching the CTI/VRA/OTS dead horse, but this. I mean come off it, NBCFAE is nothing short of an organization that should be treated like a child. When they do not get what the feel they are "owed" they throw a tantrum. Slap the shit out of the child and throw them in the corner. This isn't racial, it never was. They MAKE it racial while claiming to fight discrimination... and support reverse discrimination taking slots away from other well qualified candidates.

Reactions: Purplelobj

Off-The-Street

Newcomer
May 20, 2015
This is the part that bothers me. Everyone agrees the test is bonkers, not touching the CTI/VRA/OTS dead horse, but this. I mean come off it, NBCFAE is nothing short of an organization that should be treated like a child. When they do not get what the feel they are "owed" they throw a tantrum. Slap the shit out of the child and throw them in the corner. This isn't racial, it never was. They MAKE it racial while claiming to fight discrimination... and support reverse discrimination taking slots away from other well qualified candidates.
I think you have said it all.

StuSEL

Aug 23, 2009
You know where.
The NBCFAE has infiltrated the FAA like a beehive invades the walls of a house. Just as you're about to get your foot in the door, they attack you and drive you away.

I think we can all agree that Snow should be fired. I think we can also agree that the BQ is a sham. I can confirm the agency will not release the validation study. They are protecting it with a FOIA Exemption 5.

"Exemption 5 allows agencies to withhold recommendations, opinions and analysis under the deliberative process privilege. To allow release of these records would discourage the open and frank discussions between agency employees that are helpful in assessing the hiring process and also create confusion in those cases where recommendati9ns and opinions are not adopted."

GulfCharlie

Epic Member
Sep 1, 2011
The NBCFAE has infiltrated the FAA like a beehive invades the walls of a house. Just as you're about to get your foot in the door, they attack you and drive you away.

I think we can all agree that Snow should be fired. I think we can also agree that the BQ is a sham. I can confirm the agency will not release the validation study. They are protecting it with a FOIA Exemption 5.

"Exemption 5 allows agencies to withhold recommendations, opinions and analysis under the deliberative process privilege. To allow release of these records would discourage the open and frank discussions between agency employees that are helpful in assessing the hiring process and also create confusion in those cases where recommendati9ns and opinions are not adopted."

Have a slice of Ukraine my friend...

rangerfan1024

Rookie
Apr 22, 2013

I'm not going to argue over whether OTS VRA CTI make better controllers. In the long run, it hasn't mattered too much. But when you are pooling from initial candidates there is no argument to be had. You are going to pick the people that have invested their time and money into preparing. That is unless you really don't really give a crap or have a personal connection to other candidates. Fact is though, nothing on this forum matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the bottom line right here, the only argument that needs to be made. Well put

Ram_Tough

Trusted Contributor
Jul 5, 2010
So let me get this straight. The only new thing this story reported was the alleged cheating? Even though it says in the story that the answers he gave to people weren't correct and people started getting rejection notices within a few days. Then they decided they needed to go through and tweak the answers so people could get past the BQ. That sounds an awful lot like what happened on this website in the days after the first BQ. That sounds a lot like the surveys that were passed around this website and started by the CTI group on facebook collecting people answers to the BQ so they could beat the BQ.

PhillyManlove

Dec 18, 2013
Philly
So let me get this straight. The only new thing this story reported was the alleged cheating? Even though it says in the story that the answers he gave to people weren't correct and people started getting rejection notices within a few days. Then they decided they needed to go through and tweak the answers so people could get past the BQ. That sounds an awful lot like what happened on this website in the days after the first BQ. That sounds a lot like the surveys that were passed around this website and started by the CTI group on facebook collecting people answers to the BQ so they could beat the BQ.
He said in the video on the FoxBuisness news site that he was working with HR and that he had the correct answers. Someone in HR was telling him what the correct responses were.

Ram_Tough

Trusted Contributor
Jul 5, 2010
He said in the video on the FoxBuisness news site that he was working with HR and that he had the correct answers. Someone in HR was telling him what the correct responses were.
Yeah I got that that but it says in the article:

“People have been getting rejection notices and those rejection notices have been coming after about 24 to 36 hours after clicking submit and I want to avoid that so what we are going to do is we are going to take our time and we’re going to make sure that everything we click on, and you going to even have to go back to your resume and make some changes because one of our members and I have caught something and we want to go back and want to fine tune those details…”
Whatever answers he had weren't even correct.