Tier 2

JAMISONB4

Feb 6, 2014
White Lake, MI
Was told this morning I have to do a tier 2. [emoji21]

Has anyone been told they have to do one of these?

Or has anyone done one before? What should I expect? I saw on an old thread that it's either 2 separate appts or and all day appt?? Is that accurate?

Insight anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohzhee

Trusted Member
Oct 8, 2010
SoCal
Buckle up, mofo. At the tail end of mine now.

Retake MMPI, possibly other test if you flag on alcohol questions. Mine was two appointments. Like 6-7 hours total. Then wait. Save the contact for the person that coordinates your retake. They can tell you when it's all done and sent back to AvCareers. Adds 60-90 days to process. GL

Meetbob

Sep 17, 2015
I think I was one of the very first to told I have to do one. My appointment is OCT 1st. According to the doc it'll be an all day appointment but there were people in the past that had to go twice to finish it up.
Don't worry though 98% of who go thru this pass thru with no trouble.
The only thing is you'll get a little crazy with the wait times.

Usually this is how it goes and take it with a grain of salt but Ive been reading about this for 2 weeks since I got a notification of it.

Notification of tier 2
Appointment
Doc Sends documents to Regional Office (1-2 weeks depending on how fast your doc is)
Regional send it to DC (3-5 days)
DC examines your reports (2 weeks)
Dc send it back to Regional office (3-5 days)
Regional office send it to HR (3-5 days)
Contact for class date

This is things that Ive gathered from reading couple threads on stuckmic ,JetCareer etc,.
What region are you in ? I'm in southern (Atlanta, Ga)
Have you notarized the paperwork they need and got name of the doctor?

JAMISONB4

Feb 6, 2014
White Lake, MI
I think I might have f***ed up. I think she meant tier 2 physical. Not psych. Who notified you when you found out about needing to do tier 2 psych?

ATOcougs2010

Newcomer
Aug 28, 2015
What would be the reasons for Tier 2? Is it only a failed MMPI, or could be medical exam related as well?

Meetbob

Sep 17, 2015
There are 2 different Tier 2's.
Medical for meds and surgeries etc.,
& a Psych tier 2 if you tried to beat the test or if you see pink elephants.

JAMISONB4

Feb 6, 2014
White Lake, MI
Ok now I know that it's possible that it's just a tier 2 physical.

However the lady at Roberts office mentioned that it was a seperate thing that wouldn't be taken care of at the physical appt and that I would get an email. So I have no idea what to think!

I wish I realized there were 2 tier 2s and had asked her to specify.

Meetbob

Sep 17, 2015
interesting I really hope yours isn't a psych but keep in mind a psych eval is tied with you entire medical clearance.
Keeps us posted and hopefully you hear something quick, and next time you ever get hold of anyone make sure you know every small detail before hanging up lol I keep em on my line until I completely understand what they want and what's required of me.

MikeTangoATC

Feb 25, 2015
I think I was one of the very first to told I have to do one. My appointment is OCT 1st. According to the doc it'll be an all day appointment but there were people in the past that had to go twice to finish it up.
Don't worry though 98% of who go thru this pass thru with no trouble.
The only thing is you'll get a little crazy with the wait times.

Usually this is how it goes and take it with a grain of salt but Ive been reading about this for 2 weeks since I got a notification of it.

Notification of tier 2
Appointment
Doc Sends documents to Regional Office (1-2 weeks depending on how fast your doc is)
Regional send it to DC (3-5 days)
DC examines your reports (2 weeks)
Dc send it back to Regional office (3-5 days)
Regional office send it to HR (3-5 days)
Contact for class date

This is things that Ive gathered from reading couple threads on stuckmic ,JetCareer etc,.
What region are you in ? I'm in southern (Atlanta, Ga)
Have you notarized the paperwork they need and got name of the doctor?
Haha Just no. Your timelines are off.
MMPI... 5/1
Notified tier 2... 6/1
Tier 2 appt... 7/1
Sent to DC... 7/19
Back from DC... 8/17
Still waiting for medical to clear. In the southern region, so if you are somewhere else your times will be faster.

Meetbob

Sep 17, 2015
Well damn, seems like yours is dragging, I was assuming not a lot of us are in the cue didn't think it should delay that much.

JAMISONB4

Feb 6, 2014
White Lake, MI
Buckle up, mofo. At the tail end of mine now.

Retake MMPI, possibly other test if you flag on alcohol questions. Mine was two appointments. Like 6-7 hours total. Then wait. Save the contact for the person that coordinates your retake. They can tell you when it's all done and sent back to AvCareers. Adds 60-90 days to process. GL
Yeeeesh thanks for the info!

JAMISONB4

Feb 6, 2014
White Lake, MI
interesting I really hope yours isn't a psych but keep in mind a psych eval is tied with you entire medical clearance.
Keeps us posted and hopefully you hear something quick, and next time you ever get hold of anyone make sure you know every small detail before hanging up lol I keep em on my line until I completely understand what they want and what's required of me.
Dude no kidding!! I'm going to be way more thorough the next time I get ahold of something!!

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Well damn, seems like yours is dragging, I was assuming not a lot of us are in the cue didn't think it should delay that much.
And that is why you don't assume. If you have read any of the other tier two thread you would know it takes months, not days.

Meetbob

Sep 17, 2015
And that is why you don't assume. If you have read any of the other tier two thread you would know it takes months, not days.
I have read those threads and not just on this site. so relax and the last time someone posted in a thread that was about the tier 2 it was probably late July/early Aug so no one was talking or updating as they usually do on those threads recently. I "Assumed" they were pushed thru and there wouldn't be anyone in the cue. Have you gone through this process before & you have anything beneficial to tell us regarding the Tier-2 process that has not been said?

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
It has long been documented that the tier two process adds significant time to your process. And yes, I have been through this process but I passed the MMPI initially. However I have done more than enough reading to be familiar with the process.

JAMISONB4

Feb 6, 2014
White Lake, MI
Talked to Robert first thing this morning and it is tier 2 psych. He said it's averaging and extra 138 days!!! Gawwwww! He did also say that they have added an additional psychiatrist to review files so it may not take quite as long. Here's hoping! [emoji120]

ErbY

Newcomer
Mar 26, 2014
I too have unfortunately been flagged for a Tier 2 Psychological Examination.

I just received the email with instructions this morning. I am now extremely curious whether I am part of the few or the many that have received this email, and also whether or not they deem my answers as odd or too goody-goody.

I consider the MMPI-2 a true/false cakewalk. Unless there were accidental choices I cannot comprehend anyone not getting a perfect score on the exam. If I had a 'perfect' score, which I assume I did, why haven't others been flagged for this? I sure as hell didn't deliberately mark the easy wrong answers, ala spiders in the head, etc.

Maybe that is the last great filter of the position. You must be sharp AND disturbed.