Tier 2

malmaraz

Trusted Member
Sep 30, 2013
San Diego CA
The doc told me each and every question- that was in question. Most of them I just read wrong. Darn double negatives. Been waiting a little over 45 days now since DC received my packet.
So did you have to do another MMPI-2 or did the doc go over the questionable answers in your apt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TangoBravo

Jun 14, 2012
Oh ya, and other testing, ink blot tests and such. I know some are told 140 days but my contact told me avg is 45-60 days.

malmaraz

Trusted Member
Sep 30, 2013
San Diego CA
Oh ya, and other testing, ink blot tests and such. I know some are told 140 days but my contact told me avg is 45-60 days.
Ink blots are cool...I'm down for that lol..my POC gave me the same turnaround..45-60 days but could be sooner...just trying to figure out what to expect this time around. Thank ya kindly [emoji4]

MikeTangoATC

Feb 25, 2015
So did you have to do another MMPI-2 or did the doc go over the questionable answers in your apt?

You have to redo the MMPI. Then 2 additional tests that are more than 1000 questions total. He will interview you beforehand. The whole thing took me about 5 hours.

JAMISONB4

Feb 6, 2014
White Lake, MI
Wow 2k questions?! That's intense! I just wanna get it over with already.

45-60 days sounds amazing! I'll take that any day!

TangoBravo

Jun 14, 2012
Wow 2k questions?! That's intense! I just wanna get it over with already.

45-60 days sounds amazing! I'll take that any day!

well... still waiting, well see. They said they just got a ton from the OTS bid.

JMS0812

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
California
Ok.... I'm getting nervous. I haven't gotten the "all clear" from anyone about my medical. But I took the MMPI almost three weeks ago and had my physical done a week ago. If I spoke with Robert last week and he asked if I'd taken my MMPI and drug tests yet, then was silent on the phone. Did he look up my info? He never said if I passed or not, to me. I would assume he'd give me more info if I failed? Or could it be possible he just didn't tell me I did? This is the last thing I'm waiting for, so I'm a lil nervous about it.

Meetbob

Sep 17, 2015
No News is Good News. Don't freak your self out for no reason.
Just call Okc see if they've received your medical, mmpi, drug, security and relax there is no reason to fret
over something we don't have control over .
If they need you to complete something else they will contact you!

And most importantly Goodluck and hopefully you're not one of us who have to do the tier 2 !

JMS0812

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
California
No News is Good News. Don't freak your self out for no reason.
Just call Okc see if they've received your medical, mmpi, drug, security and relax there is no reason to fret
over something we don't have control over .
If they need you to complete something else they will contact you!

And most importantly Goodluck and hopefully you're not one of us who have to do the tier 2 !
thats true. Do most people find out right away? I just don't want to be tier two and have time going by that I could be starting to make appts or phone calls for.

Sep 30, 2013
To give some insight to anyone needing to do Tier 2 because I know how nerve-racking it was...
From the prior experience bid. Did original MMPI around the first week of June and notified I had to do Tier 3 Mid July. Had Tier 2 appt last week of July and cleared Tier 2 Aug 20th.

I was originally told this would take 2-3 months(the whole tier 2 process) which surprised me it was back and cleared so quickly. However... I didn't find out on Aug 20th. I just found out last week by emailing my Medical POC (the one who notified me about needing to do Tier 2)

i was was refraining in emailing him because I didn't really feel that would get me anywhere. Many people post on here daily how they call HR so I was trying to avoid it but eventually gave in. So I emailed him and he actually responded very quickly and informed me that I had clears tier 2 on Aug 20th, as I had said. However, they are still waiting on my medical screening to go through (huge delay in southern region)

So... Surprisingly, although it may not be the case for everyone; Tier 2 only took roughly three weeks for myself. Just playing the waiting game still. As for the appt itself, well..

You'll probably be nervous and if you're anything like myself have the mentality something along the lines of 'I really have to go see a shrink..?' So when I got to this appt. Just an office with psychiatrist(I suppose that would be his title?) He had me re-do the original 567 question MMPI followed by another smaller version of about 150 questions. After that he asked me my entire life story scribbling notes. Yanno like you see on tv. Then he went over everything that was 'flagged' from the original MMPI. Some of these things were honest mistakes like meant to click true instead of false or whatever. However, some of them you'll actually mean and it took me by surprise as to why they were flagged. One in particular: (estimated) Sometimes at night I lay in bed and think. .. May have been worded slightly different. But that was flagged. Yanno I just meant it as... I'm not tired. I think about my day. What's wrong with that? lol However, for the test purposes.. It points to signs of insomnia/sleep problems, etc.

So, if you're anything like myself, you were probably extremely surprised that you had to do Tier 2. I didn't even think about MMPI after I took it but there I was re-doing it. It's really nothing to worry about. It's questions like this that more than likely caught you up. Things that were analyzed differently than how you intended. The good part is you get to explain yourself. I simply said to the doctor that yes I meant to put true, no I don't have trouble sleeping. I just like to lay in bed and think sometimes. - Anything you wrongly answered by accident, you can change. Anything you were flagged for and meant that answer, just explain yourself.

Just be courteous. Make a good impression and explain yourself and what you meant. This guy isn't the one who gives you a yes or no. However, he is the one who writes a report and basically his recommendation of yes or no to the deciding authority. I don't know if all Tier 2's all the same but I remember prior to mine I was searching all over for information on it so figured I'd share my experience. Best of luck to you guys! Now back to waiting.....

macdanial

Rookie
Jun 27, 2013
So far everyone that got the tier 2 was notified much faster than previous hiring bids. I was notified 2 weeks from when I took my initial mmpi. Give hr a call see maybe they've recieved your medical packets. I personally would call periodically just to get an update.

macdanial

Rookie
Jun 27, 2013
To give some insight to anyone needing to do Tier 2 because I know how nerve-racking it was...
From the prior experience bid. Did original MMPI around the first week of June and notified I had to do Tier 3 Mid July. Had Tier 2 appt last week of July and cleared Tier 2 Aug 20th.

I was originally told this would take 2-3 months(the whole tier 2 process) which surprised me it was back and cleared so quickly. However... I didn't find out on Aug 20th. I just found out last week by emailing my Medical POC (the one who notified me about needing to do Tier 2)

i was was refraining in emailing him because I didn't really feel that would get me anywhere. Many people post on here daily how they call HR so I was trying to avoid it but eventually gave in. So I emailed him and he actually responded very quickly and informed me that I had clears tier 2 on Aug 20th, as I had said. However, they are still waiting on my medical screening to go through (huge delay in southern region)

So... Surprisingly, although it may not be the case for everyone; Tier 2 only took roughly three weeks for myself. Just playing the waiting game still. As for the appt itself, well..

You'll probably be nervous and if you're anything like myself have the mentality something along the lines of 'I really have to go see a shrink..?' So when I got to this appt. Just an office with psychiatrist(I suppose that would be his title?) He had me re-do the original 567 question MMPI followed by another smaller version of about 150 questions. After that he asked me my entire life story scribbling notes. Yanno like you see on tv. Then he went over everything that was 'flagged' from the original MMPI. Some of these things were honest mistakes like meant to click true instead of false or whatever. However, some of them you'll actually mean and it took me by surprise as to why they were flagged. One in particular: (estimated) Sometimes at night I lay in bed and think. .. May have been worded slightly different. But that was flagged. Yanno I just meant it as... I'm not tired. I think about my day. What's wrong with that? lol However, for the test purposes.. It points to signs of insomnia/sleep problems, etc.

So, if you're anything like myself, you were probably extremely surprised that you had to do Tier 2. I didn't even think about MMPI after I took it but there I was re-doing it. It's really nothing to worry about. It's questions like this that more than likely caught you up. Things that were analyzed differently than how you intended. The good part is you get to explain yourself. I simply said to the doctor that yes I meant to put true, no I don't have trouble sleeping. I just like to lay in bed and think sometimes. - Anything you wrongly answered by accident, you can change. Anything you were flagged for and meant that answer, just explain yourself.

Just be courteous. Make a good impression and explain yourself and what you meant. This guy isn't the one who gives you a yes or no. However, he is the one who writes a report and basically his recommendation of yes or no to the deciding authority. I don't know if all Tier 2's all the same but I remember prior to mine I was searching all over for information on it so figured I'd share my experience. Best of luck to you guys! Now back to waiting.....
Thanks for that I myself did some researching read threads all the way from 2008 bid lol
Goodluck hope ya get a date soon.
Btw when did u do your drug test ? I ask because if it was a while back you might want to ask to retake it.

Sep 30, 2013
Thanks for that I myself did some researching read threads all the way from 2008 bid lol
Goodluck hope ya get a date soon.
Btw when did u do your drug test ? I ask because if it was a while back you might want to ask to retake it.
Sometime back in May. I'm not worried about any of that. Told I cleared the drug test, security background etc. just simply.. A review and stamp of the medical package. No issues.. No concerns. Just..waiting lol.

macdanial

Rookie
Jun 27, 2013
Malmarz is that the only doctor they have available in your area ? Maybe they have someone else that isn't as booked but mine took to weeks I'm going in tomorrow . Hopefully I I don't need to be booked into an asylum.

malmaraz

Trusted Member
Sep 30, 2013
San Diego CA
Malmarz is that the only doctor they have available in your area ? Maybe they have someone else that isn't as booked but mine took to weeks I'm going in tomorrow . Hopefully I I don't need to be booked into an asylum.
Well that's the only doc they gave me to schedule with for the eval...she's only in office Tuesday's and Thursday's to do evals...who's your POC through your process, I'm dealing with Hope Wright out of the southern region aerospace office in Georgia....I had to email my doc out here to get in contact with her

malmaraz

Trusted Member
Sep 30, 2013
San Diego CA
Plus it's only 3 weeks out almost...not too bad...I'm sure she'll squeeze me I. If she has an opening and get this down quick as I'm in San Diego lol